The Chinese philosopher Lao Tzu reportedly stated, “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” How can loving someone else make you braver? Because love can make you feel bold and confident. It can give you the courage to be the best version of yourself. You want to be the amazing person your loved one sees.
This might mean that you seek individual therapy in order to gain insight into your own mind and behaviors. But it might also mean that you’re willing to ask for help when it comes to attaining – and maintaining – a healthy relationship. Sometimes people are too emotionally close to their relationship problems to see their way out. Licensed marriage and family therapists (LMFTs) can be the objective guides that a couple needs to maintain enduring harmony.
Couples therapy and marriage counseling at Thriveworks in Spring, TX is fully licensed, high-quality relationship therapy for partners who need a little extra insight and support to weather the ups and downs of love. Couples therapy is usually short term, accomplishing goals in 12 sessions or fewer. A Thriveworks couples counselor has extensive training and experience in helping diverse couples find their way toward effective communication and mutual understanding.
Is Marriage Counseling Worth It?
The vast majority of people who attend family therapy and marriage counseling achieve the goals they set out to achieve. This means that the couple who seeks the help of a licensed professional counselor to address someone’s substance abuse issue, for example, will probably find the resources they need to achieve a positive outcome. The exceptional LMFTs at Thriveworks in Spring, TX can help couples facing countless issues, from imminent divorce to conflicts over who loads and unloads the dishwasher. Thriveworks counselors can help LGBTQ+ couples, Christian couples, multiracial couples, and other kinds of couples who may experience special relationship issues.
What Type of Issues Can Relationship Counseling Solve?
Relationship counseling can be especially helpful if one partner feels unloved or unappreciated. An LMFT can give couples the emotional and communication tools they need to support each other. Spouses may also come to Thriveworks in Spring, TX because they want to improve their physical or emotional intimacy. They may want to reignite a spark or rediscover their friendship. These additional reasons for attending therapy are also popular:
- To reduce tension and conflict in the household
- To stop repeating the same argument
- To create healthier boundaries
- To manage anger
- To express needs and desires
- To heal after an affair
- To cope with empty nest syndrome
- To support each other through infertility
- To identify individual mental health conditions that affect the relationship
- To process trauma together
- To cope with grief together
How Does Premarital Counseling Help Your Future Marriage?
Some couples benefit from premarital counseling so they can work through some concerns before their wedding. Premarital counseling at Thriveworks in Spring, TX may facilitate open, honest, and safe discussion about any of the following subjects:
- Individual values and how they overlap or differ
- Expectations for what roles each partner should play in the future marriage
- Notions about children and parenting
- Financial objectives
- Communication styles
- Coping strategies
- Family backgrounds and baggage
- Relationship strengths and weaknesses
- Wedding stress
- Expectations for sex and quality time together
How to Find a Couples Therapist or Marriage Counselor
You and your partner may have differing ideas about what you’re looking for in a couples therapist, but you may agree on the following basic criteria:
- The counselor should be fully licensed to practice in Texas. All Thriveworks mental health providers in Spring, TX (and nationwide) are fully licensed and top-rated in their field.
- The counselor should be qualified to treat your specific issue. At Thriveworks, providers have experience helping a diverse population of clients. Thriveworks counselors may also specialize in different therapeutic approaches such as emotionally focused therapy, the Gottman method, conflict resolution, and more.
- The counselor should be affordable. Thriveworks LMFTs in Spring, TX accept coverage from most major health insurance plans and offer competitive self-pay rates for clients paying out-of-pocket.
- Couples counseling should be convenient and comfortable. Thriveworks therapists offer secure, HIPAA-compliant online counseling sessions as well as traditional, in-person counseling sessions.
Work Through Your Issues with Marriage Counseling at Thriveworks in Spring, TX
When you decide to seek marriage counseling, you want it quickly, which is why Thriveworks LMFTs are available fast. Most new clients can meet with their provider within 24-48 hours after their initial call. The dedicated Thriveworks staff works extended business hours so they’re available to help match individual clients with exceptional providers. In addition, Thriveworks clients can access their provider between sessions via phone or email.
Don’t neglect one of the most important relationships in your life. Talk things through with the help of a premium provider at Thriveworks in Spring, TX.