To John’s friends and family, he’s kind of like the glue that holds everyone together. His infectious laughter, personable tendencies, and sharp wit keep everyone he knows entertained. While it’s true that John loves providing the good times for others, he rarely gets the opportunity to open up about the things that are bothering him. And, unbeknownst to many of those close to him, his larger-than-life personality sometimes arises from intense mood swings that he’s learned to barely manage throughout the years.
Now that he’s a little older, John has considered if seeking mental health services would be a good idea. He likes the idea of getting a professional’s guidance, but he’s worried how those he’s closest to will react if they were to find out. He’d rather not keep things from his loved ones, but he definitely feels some social stigma is holding him back from prioritizing his mental health.
If your story sounds like John’s, it’s time to consider whether you’ve been avoiding mental health services out of embarrassment, or a fear of being judged by a mental health professional. At Thriveworks in Cedar Park, TX, we’re committed to eliminating the stigma attached to mental health subjects. Quality mental health care should be available for anyone, and one of the ways we’re making that a reality is through our online psychiatry program.
Can Online Psychiatry Help Me?
While not everyone who attends sessions through our Cedar Park, TX sees a psychiatrist, many people benefit from the expertise and experience provided by these mental health professionals. If you’re unsure of what it is that psychiatrists do, they are:
- A unique provider type: They’re medical doctors who are also licensed therapists.
- Able to prescribe helpful medication: Prescriptions may help some clients better manage the disruptive effects of mental health disorders and conditions.
There’s no need to panic if you’re worried that a psychiatrist sounds a bit too serious. While they do have a medical background and can prescribe medicine, they take into consideration your preferences and concerns to make sure that you’ll be getting the most out of your treatment plan.
As we mentioned, psychiatrists help people manage and mitigate the symptoms of mental health disorders and conditions; however, psychiatrists are sometimes able to better assist clients with more severe instances of mental illness. Some of the common disorders that our psychiatrists help everyday people with include:
- Emotional regulation for those who struggle with controlling anger or grief
- Behavioral disorders, such as ADHD
- Anxiety disorders, like OCD or PTSD
- Emotional disorders, including major depression and bipolar disorder
However, if you’re not seeing a condition that you feel is affecting you listed, there’s no need to worry. These are just a few of the many different mental health disorders that our psychiatrists can assist you with. What’s more, when you call in to connect with one of our psychiatrists, they’ll address your concerns from the very first session. You’ll enjoy peace of mind knowing that your mental health is in the right hands.
What Are the Benefits of Online Psychiatry?
Virtual communication has made our lives easier and more convenient than ever before. The same applies to online psychiatry. It’s just one of the many ways that Thriveworks is working towards removing the stigma attached to mental health services. If you’re thinking about online psychiatry as a way to restore balance and promote your wellbeing, you should know that it offers:
- A way to prioritize yourself, without missing a beat: Online therapy is an easy way for those who take care of elderly relatives or watch children to find time to prioritize themselves, too.
- The ability to connect anywhere: There’s no need to travel to a brick-and-mortar office to fill a prescription or to attend a therapy session.
- Convenient scheduling options: For those who are busy, traveling, or just tired, getting the psychiatric services you need shouldn’t be harder. We offer weekend and evening session times, just for you.
Schedule an Online Psychiatry Session with Thriveworks in Cedar Park, TX
While the decision to get a professional’s assistance and expertise is an independent decision, there’s no need to face your mental health challenges alone. Call us today—our scheduling specialists are here seven days a week. We also offer a great array of benefits when you enroll, such as:
- Access to our Therapy Buddy app.
- Assistance setting up your insurance to cover costs.
- Flexible appointment options, including those in the evenings and on the weekends.
- Ask a life coach a question, with our Q/A chat feature.
- A fast response time from your provider’s office. Most of our clients have their first session within 24-48 hours of calling in for the first time.
There’s no time like the present if you’re interested in getting relief from the issues that are bothering you. If connecting with one of our psychiatrists sounds like it could benefit you, we look forward to hearing from you at our office in Cedar Park, TX.