It’s easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of life. We run through the motions, hurrying to and from work, wrestling with bills, cranking out chores, and getting in some time for friends, family, and/or pleasure when we can. But where and when do we make time for ourselves? Where is the self-care, the stress management, the therapeutic practices that keep us sane?
For many people, the answer is, “I work it in when I can,” or even, “I’m fine without it.” But in reality, it’s important that we prioritize these practices that benefit our mental health and overall wellbeing—one practice being working with a therapist. We understand that fitting a therapy session into your schedule might sound impossible. But Thriveworks North Charleston, SC has an option for you to consider: online therapy counseling.
Online counseling allows you to work with a therapist via online means. You can choose to attend your session via telephone, video chat, or even email. You pick the option that is the most convenient for you, and we’ll do the rest. If you’re interested in online therapy at Thriveworks North Charleston, SC (or another form of therapy), just give us a call. We’ll be here to get you scheduled or talk with you about your options.
North Charleston Counseling: What Is Online Therapy?
As we just mentioned, people struggle to fit everything they need to fit into their schedules. And often, therapy gets pushed to the backburner because of this problem. Well, online therapy is the solution. You don’t have to worry about going out of your way to make it to the therapy office to attend your appointment. Instead, you can work with your therapist online! Here are your online therapy options:
- Work with an online therapist via telephone: One option is to work with your therapist over the phone. Just as with in-person therapy, you will schedule an exact day, time, and timeslot, to work with your therapist. Just make sure you’re able to answer their call when the time comes!
- Work with an online therapist via video chat: Another option is to work with your online therapist in a videoconference or video chat. Again, you will set a day, time, and amount of time to work with your therapist. And again, you’ll have to make sure that you’re available to jump into the video chat when the time comes (this, of course, requires Wi-Fi or service).
- Work with an online therapist via email: A third option is for those looking for a more casual therapy option. Email therapy is done via email or chat widget and involves messaging your therapist back and forth over a flexible timeframe.
Do any of the above online therapy options sound like they would work for you and your schedule? Call Thriveworks North Charleston, SC to schedule your appointment or hear more about it.
4 Great Reasons to Try Online Therapy
If you’re still getting used to the idea of online therapy, consider the following reasons many people decide to work with their therapist online versus in-person:
- It’s convenient: As we’ve already touched on, online therapy allows you to attend your therapy session from the convenience of your own home!
- It’s comfortable: This means that online therapy is a comfortable option, too. If you can attend your session from your home, you can attend from in bed, on the couch, and even in your PJs!
- It’s effective: Research shows that online therapy proves effective and beneficial for many individuals with a range of challenges.
- It’s affordable: Finally, online therapy is affordable. In fact, a lot of insurance companies now cover online therapy counseling services. And even if yours does not, Thriveworks North Charleston, SC has affordable rates to offer.
If you’re in search of convenience, comfort, effectiveness, and affordability, online therapy is a great option for you, as it checks all of these boxes. Call Thriveworks North Charleston to secure your appointment today.
Schedule Online Therapy at Thriveworks North Charleston, SC
Thriveworks North Charleston, SC is ready to help you find the right therapy option for you, based on your needs, goals, and preferences. We can get you all set up with an online therapist today, if you’ve determined that this form of therapy is right for you. Just give us a call and our scheduling team will assist you.