Ever since Darius started dating again, it seems as though he’s struggled to connect with anyone. Each time that he goes out with another person, the pressure he feels to successfully connect almost overwhelms him. Simple things like talking about his interests or career are impossible. Darius leaves each meet up feeling defeated, as though he’s sabotaging his own attempts to find his person.
Although Darius wants to keep trying to date, he knows that he needs to address his anxiety before he’ll be able to feel comfortable. That’s why Darius is interested in talking to a mental health professional about the difficulties he’s faced with. With their assistance, Darius hopes that he’ll make the best out of his sessions and be able to manage the anxiety that’s holding him back.
Just like Darius, many everyday people turn to counseling, therapy, or psychiatric services for help with the symptoms of persistent anxiety. If you’re in a similar situation, just know that you’re not alone. At Thriveworks in Nampa, ID we have industry-leading professionals who understand anxiety disorders and how to treat them. If you’re interested in the ways that anxiety therapy, counseling, or psychiatric services could benefit you, call our Nampa, ID office to find out more.
Do I Have Anxiety?
Anxiety is a common feeling for many of us, and it’s normal to be anxious every now and then. But when recurrent anxiety stands in the way of enjoying your life, then it’s helpful to consider whether counseling or therapy could help you start to improve your ability to function while coping with anxiety. In fact, by talking openly with one of our therapists, counselors, or psychiatrists at Thriveworks in Nampa, ID you’ll be able to share your concerns and experience with anxiety. Doing so will also help your provider to address your mental health needs with coping strategies and other treatment options designed for you.
Some of the common signs of recurrent anxiety include:
- Fatigue, difficulty sleeping
- Anger issues
- Decreased performance at work
- Racing thoughts, inability to concentrate
- Digestive problems
- And many other symptoms
What Type of Anxiety Could I Have?
Some of the anxiety disorders that our providers can help you to manage are:
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD): GAD causes anxiety in different scenarios, whether real or imagined. This disorder can be difficult to identify because it isn’t triggered by any single source of anxiety.
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD): This disorder often induces irrational thought loops, or impulses to perform random physical actions in repetition.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD): PTSD, can occur in anyone that has been through a psychologically or physically painful event. Those who suffer from it are often privy to flashbacks to traumatic events, nightmares, and antisocial behavior.
- Social anxiety disorder: Social anxiety induces distress while engaging with other people. Everything from grocery runs to birthday parties can be cumbersome, fear-filled events.
- Panic disorder: Panic disorder can cause panic attacks. These physical episodes might result in dizziness, chest pain, vertigo, and nausea.
How Can Thriveworks Help Treat My Anxiety?
Our mental health professionals in Nampa, ID can offer you many different avenues through which to treat your anxiety. While many providers can help you to manage anxiety, they’ll do so in different ways. Therapists and psychologists primarily use talk therapy or behavioral therapy to achieve results. They’re a great way to:
- Help family members or partners understand their loved one’s anxiety through relationship therapy or family counseling
- Use talk therapy or behavioral therapy techniques to promote your self-awareness
- Work with clients to help them develop coping mechanisms to use in the situations that matter most
Psychiatrists, however, are medical doctors. Psychiatrists can prescribe medication to alleviate their client’s symptoms of anxiety, making the disorder easier to manage, in addition to providing therapy. Regardless of your provider type, we’re committed to offering you personalized mental health care.
Schedule Anxiety Therapy at Thriveworks in Nampa, ID
Call our office to get started with the enrollment process. Unlike other providers, we offer our enrollees exclusive benefits that help you get the most out of your sessions, including:
- Scheduling assistance seven days a week
- A flexible 23.5-hour cancellation policy—just let us know less than a day before your appointment if you can’t make it.
- Online therapy or psychiatric services from the comfort of your home
- Evening and weekend session times
- Our life coach Q/A chat line for questions you might have in between sessions
When anxiety becomes a persistent, disruptive presence in your life, it might be time to consider whether talking with a mental health professional could help. Your anxiety doesn’t have to claim another day; so call Thriveworks in Nampa, ID to find a provider that’s right for you. We’re ready to team up with you as you start making the first steps towards better mental health.