TJ loves his wife, Amanda. There’s nothing he enjoys more than spending time with her; whether they’re going on a bike ride or tackling a new type of cuisine in the kitchen, TJ knows that their relationship has experienced a lot of high points. Unfortunately, TJ is also realizing that he and his wife’s mental health have been impacted by their repeated fights—some of which have put emotional distance between them. While TJ doesn’t always mean to say those hurtful things during fights and arguments, he slips into a negative headspace, and from there, it’s all over.
TJ knows that he and his wife are close to their breaking point. If he wants to save their relationship, TJ needs to find a solution to their communication issues before they permanently damage the bond they share. That’s why he’s scheduled marriage counseling for him and Amanda. TJ hopes that by talking openly with a counselor about the troubles they’re experiencing, he’ll be able to express himself more healthily—without hurting Amanda.
If, like TJ, you’re looking to close the divide that has grown between yourself and the one you love, then call Thriveworks in Nampa, ID. Our marriage counselors and relationship therapists can team up with you and your partner to address the tension that’s pervading your relationship. Talk through the toughest issues, and learn to empathize and compromise with the stability and guidance offered by a Thriveworks provider.
Should We Talk to a Relationship Counselor?
If you and the one you love feel at odds, then you might benefit from seeking couples therapy and marriage counseling at Thriveworks in Nampa, ID. If you and your partner are considering whether you should see a therapist for your relationship issues, there are a few key indicators of negative dynamics that can be improved by counseling or therapy, including:
- Arguments that last for hours or days
- Passive-aggressive or abusive behavior
- Inability to respect each other’s boundaries
- Cheating or emotional infidelity
- One or more partners avoiding physical touch or sex
- Lying and other forms of emotional manipulation
These warning signs definitely don’t spell the end of a relationship on their own. However, they might be a good indication that you and your partner should consult a professional like the relationship therapists at Thriveworks in Nampa, ID. By talking openly about the issues at play in your romantic relationship, you’ll be giving your provider the information they need to better understand and help treat your relationship’s problems.
How Can a Counselor or Therapist Help Us?
Marriage counselors and couples therapists can help partners to:
- Communicate more clearly and effectively
- Establish healthy boundaries for yourselves
- Recognize the need for compromise and empathy
- Find new ways to connect and continue to individually grow in your relationship
- Manage the effects of mental health conditions on your relationship, such as depression or ADHD
Additionally, you and your spouse or partner can also talk to your shared counselor or therapist with our virtual scheduling options. Use online counseling with Thriveworks in Nampa, ID to attend sessions from home, the office, or while on the go. It’s never been easier to prioritize your relationship—talk your way, with online counseling and therapy.
Schedule Marriage or Relationship Counseling in Nampa, ID
Deciding to seek assistance from a therapist might take some time. But when you and the one you love choose to call Thriveworks in Nampa, ID, you’ll be making the first steps towards a happier, healthier relationship. When you call, one of our scheduling specialists will be able to assist you with enrolling. Choosing to become Thriveworks enrollee grants you access to exclusive benefits, including:
- Scheduling assistance 7 days a week: Our scheduling specialists are available every day of the week, helping you find the right counselor to fit your needs and the schedule that fits both of your lives.
- Same-day appointments: Skip the line and see your provider. Say goodbye to waiting lists with same-day availability as a Thriveworks enrollee
- 23.5-hour cancellation policy: If something comes up or you aren’t feeling well, rest assured that you won’t be charged for missing your session, as long as you give us a 23.5-hour notice.
- Online therapy: With online therapy, moving your relationship forward doesn’t need to be held up by your busy schedule or time spent apart for work or travel. As long as you can talk privately, and get access to the internet, you and your partner can still attend sessions together.
That’s why our couple’s therapists and relationship counselors use their skills to prioritize positive growth through therapy— so that both of you can look forward to a better future together. If it seems like your relationship is faltering and you’re left with nowhere to go, contact Thriveworks in Nampa, ID for more information about how a provider can help.