Thriveworks psychologists in Memphis, TN provide standard psychotherapy services, tailoring treatment to each client and their unique concerns. However, they can also provide diagnoses to clients when appropriate, something that therapists and counselors cannot do. Finally, in some states in the U.S., they are allowed to prescribe medication.
Christina recently moved to the Memphis area and has been looking for a trustworthy psychologist who can help her with the challenges she is facing. Jennifer moved here for work from a small town in Washington and is having a hard time adapting to her lifestyle change. On top of that, she’s struggling to make genuine connections and is starting to feel lonely and isolated.
Christina is experiencing symptoms of anxiety, maybe a little depression, and she is struggling to cope with a major life change. She’s making a smart decision and is problem-solving by seeking out the help of a licensed psychologist. Maybe you can relate to Christina or have a specific thing come to mind when you think of your mental health. Everyone is subject to feeling down sometimes; however, that doesn’t mean you have to face those challenges alone.
Psychologists are licensed and trained mental health professionals who can help people like Christina and yourself work through the problems in your life and can give you the tools to succeed in the future. At Thriveworks Counseling in Memphis, we have psychologists who are highly qualified to diagnose and treat a wide range of mental health issues that you may face.
Are you ready to make meaningful changes in your life? Consider working with a Thriveworks psychologist today.
What Can a Psychologist Do for Me?
Luckily, psychologists are trained in a variety of different mental health fields and can help their clients in both their personal and professional lives. They can help you work through your personal concerns, like in Christina’s case, they can help you better manage stress, process difficult emotions, and more. Let’s dive into the many different ways they can help you:
- Mental illnesses like anxiety and depression
- Relationship problems
- Family turmoil
- Grief and loss
- Low self-confidence
- Career problems
- Addiction and/or substance abuse
- Child therapy
- Parenting problems
- Life coaching
- Trauma and/or PTSD
- Stress management
- Anger management
- And more!
This list does not represent all of the mental health services offered at Thriveworks in Memphis. In fact, our psychologists don’t have many limitations when it comes to the mental health challenges they can help you with. They will use all of their tools, knowledge, and skills to best help you.
Why Would I Benefit from Working with a Psychologist?
As we briefly touched on before, psychologists can help their clients identify symptoms, offer a diagnosis, and develop a treatment plan based on their needs. Here are a few more reasons why working with a psychologist could prove to be beneficial to you:
- Support you during difficult times in your life: Losing a loved one, a job, or coping with a major change in life is hard, especially when doing it on your own. We will not only help you adjust properly to these changes but provide you with the support and guidance you need when experiencing tough emotions.
- Provide you with coping mechanisms and tools: Sometimes it can be hard to control our stress, anger, and overwhelming feelings. Psychologists can help you learn how to control your feelings, identify when a stressor is present, and give you the tools and coping mechanisms to face these difficult emotions in the future.
- Improve communication: One of the bigger reasons why people struggle in their relationships with friends, family, their significant others, and even themselves is because of poor communication. It’s important to learn how to acknowledge when we need something, how we feel, and how to effectively communicate that to those in our lives.
If you are struggling mentally or emotionally, think about reaching out to one of our psychologists. The above ways we can help you are just a glimpse into what we can offer our clients. There is no reason to continue suffering or living life the way it’s going now. If you are presented with a challenge, we can assist you through it.
Schedule an Appointment with a Psychologist at Thriveworks Counseling in Memphis, TN
Ready to get started towards a path of better living? Great! To get started, give us a call and one of our scheduling specialists will get you set up with a trusted provider.
We offer our clients a range of great benefits including flexible scheduling options, no waitlist, excellent customer service, online counseling, and more. We can’t wait to work with you!