Mental Health Care in Henrico, VA—Therapists and Counselors
When you think about what it takes to live a healthy life, what do you need? Often, people need a primary care physician—someone to see for preventative care and when they are sick. It is not unusual for people to see a trainer or a coach or a nutritionist to keep their diet healthy and their body fit. Many people also see a specialist—a cardiologist, an endocrinologist, an ob/gyn—for their body’s particular needs. These are all important and necessary healthcare professionals, but more and more, people are thinking of their health more holistically. In addition to their physical health, people are also taking care of their mental health. They are meeting regularly with a therapist, a life coach, or a counselor, and they are finding out how healing for their mind and emotions can benefit their overall well-being.
‘Cause I still wake up shaken by dreams
And I hate to say it but the way it seems
Is that no one is fine
Take the time to peel a few layers and you will find
When people put on a smile and enter the world every day, that smile can all too often be masking deeper pain. Not all wounds bleed and leave visible scars. Many wounds are invisible, but they are nonetheless real. Mental health care’s goal is to peel back the layers and the masks so that emotional wounds can heal. Everyone deserves a space where they feel safe and where they can heal and where they can process and dream and plan without fear of judgment.
Thriveworks Henrico has life coaches, therapists, and counselors who help people heal and make important life adjustments. Often, by working with a mental health professional, people are able to resolve relational tension, find a diagnosis and/or treatment, advance in their career and more because they have the support and guidance they need.
You Are Not Alone: Mental Health Care
The cliché joke says that life only has two guarantees: death and taxes. However, at Thriveworks Henrico, we believe there is a third guarantee in life: difficulty. Life is a rollercoaster. There will be ups and downs. The details will change from individual to individual and from situation to situation; however, life will always involve some degree of difficulty. When navigating these difficulties, an ally can make a big difference, and often, a mental health professional is a trusted ally. Think about the following situations…
- After a big move, your kids are struggling to adjust. They are sweet kids, but tantrums and meltdowns are occurring on a regular basis. You have tried everything you know to help them adjust, but nothing is working.
- Your job is great for now, but will it be great in two years? Or three or four? Maybe it is time for a change. Maybe it is not. If you did change, what changes would you make? It can be difficult to carve out a career path.
- In a moment, your world changed. One moment, your loved one was here, and the next, she was not. Everything is the same, and yet, everything is different—and harder. Breathing takes effort. Walking hurts. Is this normal?
- You and your significant other are doing really well. A few months ago, you moved in together, and now you are wondering if it is time to take the relationship to the next level. Should you propose? You feel so lucky to be together, but that is a big question.
- This used to be an occasional stress-reliever. What started as an every-once-in-a-while treat has turned into a habit. It seemed innocent at the time, but now you are wondering if you need to stop. In fact, you have tried to stop or at least cut back. However, you can’t.
You may recognize one of these situations. If you have faced these scenarios or anything similar, what difference would having a guide make? Life coaches, therapists, and counselors are often trusted allies and guides through life’s difficulties. In addition to helping people navigate life’s challenges, mental health professionals should also be able diagnose and treat mental illnesses that are making life even harder. For example, Thriveworks Henrico has helped clients who are dealing with…
- Eating disorders
- Dependent Personality Disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive tendencies
- Anger management
- Sexual issues
- Bi-polar Disorder
- Divorce recovery
- And more
Scheduling an Appointment at Thriveworks Henrico for Life Coaching, Counseling, or Therapy
Thriveworks Henrico offers mental health care that is individualized and holistic. We understand that each person has unique difficulties in their lives. We understand that each person has been through unique experiences. We want every person who enters our offices to receive personalized care. We hope that our clients feel care for from the moment they call to schedule an appointment.
When you call Thriveworks Henrico, here are a few things you can expect:
- A scheduling specialist (not a voicemail) will answer and help you make an appointment.
- New clients often meet with their counselor, therapist, or life coach the following day.
- Weekend and evening sessions are offered.
- You will never be put on a waitlist because we do not have one.
- Our therapists, coaches, and counselors are able to accept many different insurance plans.
Thriveworks Henrico has appointments available. Let’s work together for your wellbeing. Call today.