Flagstaff Family Therapy—Help with Family Challenges in Flagstaff, AZ
The relationships we have with our family members have an enormous impact on our lives—this impact can be good or bad. Some days it’s good, and some days it’s bad, depending on the state of these relationships.
For example, when we make new fun memories with our loved ones, we feel happy and fulfilled. On the other hand, when we fight with our family members, we feel sad, angry, or frustrated instead.
When we do encounter challenges with our loved ones, like disagreements or differences in opinion, it’s important to practice patience, respect, and open communication. Doing so, though, isn’t always easy.
If you are in a tough spot with a family member or multiple family members, consider going to family therapy. Family therapy is led by counselors who have training in this area of counseling. They are equipped to help you have these patient, respectful, and open conversations.
To schedule family therapy, call Thriveworks Counseling in Flagstaff, AZ. We can set you up with a family counseling session upon receiving your call. We have both in-person and online therapy appointments available. If you’re ready to get started, call our office and a scheduling specialist will get you all set up!
What Is Family Therapy? Can It Help My Family?
Family therapy, otherwise known as family counseling, is a type of psychotherapy that aims to help families resolve their interpersonal conflicts and better their relationships.
This form of counseling is led by licensed counselors who have specific training in family therapy, such as Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFTs). Family therapy is typically short-term, which means as little as 10-12 sessions. That said, families might have more appointments and that’s okay too.
Either way, therapy sessions will involve all family members involved at one point or another. There might also be instances where only one or several family members will be asked to attend a certain session.
If your family is facing one of the following challenges, you might be able to find value in working with a family therapist:
- The loss of a family member or loved one
- Divorce or separation
- Trouble resolving a given conflict
- Behavioral issues in kids or teens
- Parental disagreements
- Mental illness or substance abuse
Family therapists can offer unbiased feedback about your problem(s). They can also guide more productive conversations and lead you and family members to an effective resolution.
Goals in Family Therapy
Family therapy can help many different families. Some of the most common reasons are listed above, but there are other reasons to seek counsel from a family therapist, too. Regardless, your family therapist will have a few goals in mind for your family:
- Improve communication channels: A huge problem that can contribute or even cause other problems in a family is poor communication. Your family therapist will help you develop effective communication skills, which will help you to resolve and prevent other issues.
- Discuss and work through your conflicts: It’s normal to fight with your loved ones, but if these fights become excessive or damaging, it might be time to work with a family therapist. A family therapist can help you finally find resolution.
- Improve your overall relationships: The end goal is to help you and your family members foster healthier, happier relationships. As we touched on earlier, happy and healthy relationships support greater individual wellbeing, too.
Do these goals align with the goals you have for your family? If the answer is yes, start a relationship with a family counselor today.
Schedule Family Therapy at Thriveworks in Flagstaff, AZ
Thriveworks Counseling in Flagstaff, AZ wants to help you and your family thrive. If you need a little help or support working through your family problems, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Our family therapists foster a safe, supportive space for working through these issues and finding the right path forward.
To schedule a family therapy appointment at Thriveworks in Flagstaff, AZ, just call our office. We can set you and your family up with an in-person or online appointment at your earliest convenience.