Depression counseling can help those with major depression, minor depression, postpartum depression, persistent depressive disorder, and more. The providers at Thriveworks in Flagstaff, AZ will develop a unique treatment plan based on your specific experience, needs, and goals.
Depression counseling works by helping people pinpoint life problems, distorted thought patterns, and other causes of their depression, then process and work through them in order to mitigate the negative effects those factors have on their lives.
Depression counseling can last for a few weeks, months, or longer, dependent on the severity of one's depression as well as their needs and preferences.
At Thriveworks, we take most major forms of insurance, which means that many of our clients only pay a $0-$50 co-pay per session. However, there are also self-pay options that sit around $200 per session, depending on the service and location, for those who are out-of-network.
Depression can cause persistent sadness and a lack of interest or pleasure in previously rewarding or enjoyable activities. It can act like a black cloud that follows you around when you just want to feel like your usual self. The good news is it’s possible to get back to the best version of yourself. You don’t have to carry around depression or wear it around your neck. It’s treatable, and counseling with a caring, compassionate therapist at Thriveworks Counseling in Flagstaff, AZ is a great way to reclaim a happy and successful life.
Let’s look at what depression is and go through some of its symptoms. You may find that you experience these symptoms, or you may experience other symptoms. While the following information isn’t all-inclusive, it does cover common depression disorder symptoms.
What Is Depression? What Are the Symptoms?
Depression is a mood disorder that makes you feel constant sadness or lack interest in life. These intense feelings last for many days to weeks and prevent you from living the best version of yourself.
Here are some of the common depression symptoms:
- Unexplained body aches and pains: an increase in headaches, back pain, aching muscles, and stomach pain.
- Difficulty concentration: trouble remembering things, making decisions, and focusing.
- Feeling helpless or hopeless: a sense that nothing will improve, and there’s nothing you can do about it.
- Self-loathing: having strong feelings of worthlessness or guilt and using negative self-talk or being overly harsh or critical of yourself.
- Reckless behavior: the use of drugs are alcohol to escape negative feelings or other actions such as compulsive gambling or reckless driving.
- Sleeping too much or too little
- Feeling tired or lacking energy: feeling fatigued, sluggish, or drained.
- Having little or no interest in many activities: you give up entirely or pay little attention to hobbies, pastimes, or social activities you once enjoyed.
If you experience any of the mentioned symptoms, know you’re not alone. Depression never discriminates. It affects everyone up and down the socioeconomic ladder. Celebrities like Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Katy Perry, Bruce Springsteen, and J.K. Rowling have all lived with depression. A key to their recovery—and yours—is seeking therapy for depression.
Scheduling Depression Therapy in Flagstaff, AZ
It’s worth repeating: You’re not alone with depression. Depression is a disorder that affects 264 million people worldwide.
An experienced team of caring and compassionate professionals at Thriveworks Counseling is ready to help treat your depression symptoms. Scheduling with Thriveworks in Flagstaff is convenient and easy.
When you call for an appointment today, a Thriveworks specialist will walk you through scheduling your first appointment. Or, if you want to schedule an appointment online, you can! Simply use our online counseling widget to choose your location, meet our counselors, and book a date and time that works for you. We offer same- or next-day appointments in addition to many other benefits.
Remove that black cloud and reach out to Thriveworks. We’ll welcome you underneath our umbrella.