We all have dreams that we hope to one day accomplish. Some people might take action steps towards those dreams daily, and others are stuck in the wanting.
What if there was a way for you to make those dreams a reality?
It’s not magic. It’s hard work, and it takes time. But our dreams don’t have to stay on the back burner. Thriveworks Middleburg Heights Life Coaching gives you the space to reach for your dreams while improving your personal life. Whatever roadblocks you have in your life, a life coach can help you navigate them.
Too many people spend their lives half-awake, just muddling through life without ever really allowing themselves to feel and dream and create something amazing. If you have a dream or a goal that you’re waiting to start pursuing- now is your time to go.
What Is Life Coaching?
Life coaching is a newer field of psychology that helps people achieve their dreams, create healthier mental and emotional behaviors, and overcome obstacles in their life. For example, if you were an athlete and you wanted to run a marathon, you might hire a personal trainer to help you reach your goals. A life coach is like a personal trainer for your mind. On the flip side, if you had a broken bone, you wouldn’t see a personal trainer, you would see a doctor. A counselor or therapist are the doctors of the mental health world. If you are struggling with a mental illness or a mental health concern such as depression, anxiety, ADHD, PTSD, or any other mental health issue, a psychologist/counselor would be your best bet.
But let’s say you just want help managing stress, getting a promotion, or handling a major change. A life coach can help you hone in on your goals, strengths, and passions while helping you manage your weaknesses and fears.
To help you distinguish the two, here are some facts about life coaches:
- Life coaches are dedicated to helping their clients reach goals and fulfilling their potential.
- Each coach has a unique style and probably specializes in different areas (health, transitions, relationships, career, etc.)
- Life coaching can be tailored to a client’s particular needs and preferences
- Life Coaches go through less schooling than a licensed professional counselor (LPC)
- However, the Internal Coach Federation (IFC) enforces the ethical standards for life coaches
You might see a life coach for issues such as:
- Questioning a career change
- Wanting to work on self-worth and esteem
- Finding a healthier work-life balance
- Finding passion and purpose in life
- Overall health and wellness goals
- Work on procrastination or fear of failure
- Dealing with life changing events
- Accountability for client-defined goals (they can be as specific as you want!)
Life coaches help their clients achieve personal and professional goals. What are your goals? Are you content where you are in life? Life coaching can be adjusted to fit your needs and goals, however big those goals are!
What Are the Benefits of Life Coaching?
Life coaching benefits vary based on what your goals going into the session were. Some improvement you might see in your life include:
- A clearer life visions
- Succinct, actionable goals
- Strategies and techniques to maximize your potential
- Improved confidence and self-esteem
- Professional development
- Personal development
Making an Appointment with a Life Coach and Thriveworks Middleburg Heights
Life coaches are your biggest supporter, unwavering ally, and mentor at the same time. At Thriveworks Middleburg Heights, our life coaches always put the client first. The first session with a life coach will involve talking about:
- Why you want to start life coaching
- What your goals are
- Begin a list of your strengths and potential weaknesses
- Begin talking about a plan to help you reach your goals
Life coaching can be a great way to build the life you’ve always dreamed of. Let’s make this life special. For more information or to schedule an appointment today, give us a call at (380) 201-3145.