You are a go-to person at the office. Your boss and your coworkers count on you. The long hours and the hard work are paying off. You have received a few promotions over the past few years, and now you are next in line for an executive position. Your career is progressing, but with each new promotion, there have been new stresses and responsibilities. At times, you wonder how much more you can take. The strain is growing heavier on your personal life as well. Many people who are in similar positions are now working with a life coach to help them navigate personal and professional priorities.
Maybe you can relate to some of the following…
- You recently had your first child, and the changes and sleep deprivation are taking a steep toll. It has been increasingly difficult to focus and work, and you feel your priorities shifting. Instead of going after that next big promotion, maybe you want to go after that more flexible position.
- Life has to slow down, your doctor made that clear. This new diagnosis means a career has to take a back seat to health. But how? What could a conversation with your employer look like? Is it time to find another job?
- You are spending more evenings and weekends tending to the needs of your aging parents. They do not want to move out of their home, but they need more help. Your siblings and you are not on the same page about how to proceed. What does it look like to take care of your parents when you are also trying to manage a busy career?
- Your career is going well today, but is this what you want to be doing tomorrow? Maybe it is time to make a change, but maybe it is not. You would love to have a mentor before making any big decisions.
Many people are turning to life coaches to help them navigate tricky personal and professional challenges, and life has plenty of challenges. They may be an unforeseen circumstance or diagnosis. They may be a goal you want to achieve. I either case, a life coach may provide just the guidance you need.
Thriveworks Counseling in Cleveland, OH has life coaches who are ready to offer tangible support for whatever challenge life may be throwing at you. Everyone need a sounding board and a safe place. Thriveworks Cleveland life coaches provide that space for many people.
Growth, Life Coaching, and Self-Knowledge
People make difficult decisions every day, and one of the ways they can know they are making a good decision is to let their personal values and priorities guide those decisions. However, knowing what those values and priorities are can be a challenge in and of itself. This is where a life coach may be able to help. Life coaches almost always help their clients grow in their self-knowledge. All too easily, life’s distractions pull people away from their own dreams. When people have a clear understanding of their personal values, they can more easily say, “no” to distractions and “yes” to their personal growth.
One of the many tools that life coaches use to increase self-awareness is “The Miracle Question.” This is an exercise that asks clients to suspend reality and limitations so that they can dream. The basic idea is to wonder… If I woke up tomorrow, and everything in my life were better (a miracle had occurred), what would be different? The question may explore…
- Who would be in your life? What would those relationships look like? What kind of spouse or partner or parent or sibling would you be?
- Where would you be living? What factors would go into that location? Who would be there with you, in your home?
- How would your talents and skills be put to use within the world?
- Where would you relax? What would rejuvenate you?
- How would you be learning and growing?
Because the miracle question asks people to ignore reality in order to give honest answers, these answers will not correlate to direct action within a person’s life. The answers instead give insight into people’s values. Life coaches can often help their clients formulate action steps from these values.
Meeting with a Life Coach at Thriveworks Counseling in Cleveland, OH
There are many reasons that people reach out to meet with a life coach. Two reasons that the life coaches at Thriveworks see often are…
- Your journey has hit an unexpected roadblock. Life can change in an instant. Maybe an illness, a lay-off, or a divorce means you are facing challenges that you never anticipated, and you are ready for some help navigating those circumstances.
- There is a specific goal you want to meet. Whether that goal is financial, personal, or professional, a life coach may be able to guide the process of achievement. The life coaches at Thriveworks Counseling in Cleveland love helping their clients achieve more than they ever imagined.
Do you want to meet with a life coach? The staff at Thriveworks in Cleveland has appointments available. When you call to make an appointment, you may have your first appointment the following day. We work with many insurance companies and accept many insurance plans. We also offer evening and weekend sessions, but you will never be put on a waitlist because we do not have one. If you are ready to meet with a life coach, Thriveworks in Cleveland is ready too. Call today.