Have you ever experienced any of the following thoughts?
- “I always feel nervous, even when I don’t know why. My friends do not understand what it is like to have this feeling with you all the time.”
- “I have this voice inside of me that knows everything I’m afraid of and everywhere I am insecure. It’s the loudest voice in my head. Sometimes, it is the only one I can hear.”
- “I lied. They wouldn’t understand so I just said I had other plans. And in some ways, I did. I had to breathe. I had to calm my racing pulse. I had to tell myself I’m ok. I had to apologize over and over.”
- “I know there is no reason to be freaked out right now, but I just cannot shut it down.”
If you have experienced thoughts like these, you are not alone. You may be one of the many people who struggle with the symptoms of depression and/or anxiety. These conditions can disrupt people’s daily lives, making it difficult to function.
But they also have effective treatments—depression therapy and anxiety counseling. Now more than ever before, people are reaching out for help and receiving the guidance they need from mental health professionals.
You do not have to battle anxiety and depression alone. The staff at Thriveworks in Cleveland, OH has walked side-by-side with clients who are ready for treatment. Together, our therapists and counselors work with them to find a path forward.
What Is Depression Counseling?
Depression is not same as having “the blues.” The severity and longevity of depression’s symptoms distinguishes it from the normal mood swings that most people experience. The symptoms are disruptive to daily life—making it difficult for people to have active professional and personal lives. People who have depression may experience:
- Disinterest in hobbies, relationships, or anything that was once enjoyable.
- Difficult emotions such as hopelessness, worthlessness, sadness, and emptiness.
- Psychosomatic pain—psychological pain that is felt physically.
- Thoughts of dying, death, and/or suicide.
Anxiety and depression are serious mental illnesses, and reaching out for mental health care is often an important step in healing. There are a variety of treatment options, and providers who are skilled at depression counseling can often help people find the right combination of therapies that work for each individual.
Some of the most popular depression counseling approaches include:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
Each client experiences unique symptoms and will have unique needs. The anxiety therapists and depression counselors at Thriveworks Cleveland, OH give each client the individualized treatment they need.
What Is Anxiety Therapy?
Anxiety therapy is a counseling method that tackles the disruptive and uncomfortable symptoms of anxiety offering everyday people powerful tools to cope with their anxious thoughts and feelings. Some of the symptoms that anxiety therapy can help to address include:
- Disrupted Appetite – Often, anxiety and depression disturb people’s eating habits—either causing them to eat constantly or to rarely eat. Sometimes, people bounce between these two extremes.
- Irregular Sleep – As with food, so can sleep patterns be disturbed. Some people have insomnia and are unable to fall asleep or stay asleep. Others want to sleep all the time.
- Listlessness – Fatigue and lethargy are common side effects of anxiety and depression. Sometimes, this is a direct result of sleep disruptions, but other times, listlessness occurs without any sleep disruptions.
- Difficulty Focusing – Negative thought patterns can distract people and make it difficult for them to focus on the task at hand.
- Indecisiveness – Those same negative thoughts can keep people from making decisions, leaving them feeling stuck in indecision.
These are only some of the many ways that anxiety can manifest—and sometimes, these symptoms can manifest into anxiety disorders. Some of the most common anxiety disorders include:
- Separation anxiety disorder
- Selective mutism
- Panic disorder
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Social anxiety disorder
- And many others
Regardless of whether you’re feeling mild anxiety, or indeed display the signs of an anxiety disorder, anxiety therapy at Thriveworks in Cleveland, OH can help. We even offer online services to people who desire added convenience—connect with your therapist from anywhere that offers you an internet connection.
Schedule Depression and Anxiety Treatment at Thriveworks in Cleveland, OH
Relief from the difficulties that anxiety and depression bring into people’s lives often comes in the form of a multi-faceted, individualized treatment plan. If you are ready to start depression counseling or anxiety therapy, know that Thriveworks Counseling in Cleveland, OH has providers who can assist you.
With Thriveworks, you can enjoy:
- Same-week scheduling, in-person and online
- Scheduling quickly online or by phone
- Personalized mental health care for your unique needs
- Meeting one-on-one with an industry-leading provider
Let’s fight anxiety and depression together. Call or book online with Thriveworks Cleveland, OH today.