Life Coaches in Chattanooga, TN—Therapists and Counselors
Every Friday, every fall, Coach Eric Taylor gathered his team in the locker room before a big game (and every game is a big game). “Listen to me,” he told players one time. “I said you need to strive to better than everyone else. I didn’t say you needed to be better than everyone else. But you gotta try. That’s what character is. It’s in the trying.” Friday Night Lights drew faithful audiences during its five seasons on TV, and Coach Taylor was one of the biggest reasons. He inspired his team and audiences alike. Just like other good coaches, Eric Taylor pushed and challenged and encouraged. His kids made him proud on and off the field, and these players knew he had their back—no matter what. After one game, he gathered the team and looked each kid in the eye and said, “I am in awe in each and every one of you gentlemen.” Many people would love to have someone like Coach Taylor in their lives—encouraging, pushing, challenging, and inspiring. Many people are working with their own personal Coach Taylor by working with a life coach.
Coaching is for more than high school football players. There are many great reasons to work with a life coach, but here are two…
- People have a personal or professional goal they want to achieve. Life coaches often help people focus upon what they value in life. Each person has their own priorities, weakness, strengths, and opportunities. Success will look different for each individual, and having a clear vision for what success looks like for you may increase your ability to achieve that goal.
- People are facing challenging and/or unanticipated life events. In an instant, life can be turned upside down. Words like cancer, lay-off, or divorce mean life tomorrow can look very differently than it looks today. Life coaches can often help people navigate the challenges that come with unexpected and difficult life events.
Can you recognize any of these two situations? Many people can, and they are working with a life coach to pursue their dreams and navigate life’s roadblocks. The mental health professionals at Thriveworks Chattanooga provide life coaching because no one has to do this alone. Our staff has inspired, guided, and encouraged many people through life coaching.
Clarifying and Personalizing Success
When there is no clear vision of success, it is hard to know when a goal has been met and when success has been achieved. Life coaches can help people clarify their goals, vision, and values. The best goals are very personal and take into account an individual’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities. Success is a unique experience for each person. It could look like taking a chance on online dating. It could look like taking a class that would position you for a promotion. It could look like working on a difficult relationship. Personalizing and clarifying goals are important steps for moving forward.
In order to set personal and clear goals, people need to know who they are. This may sound simple, but many struggle. Life coaches often help people learn more about who they are and what they value. Then, people can let these internal compass points guide their life decisions. One way life coaches help their client increase in self-awareness is through “The Miracle Question” that allows clients to suspend reality for a moment and dream. The question comes in many forms but the basic premise is always the same: if you woke up one morning and a miracle had occurred overnight so that your life was perfect, what would your life look like?
- What problems would have been solved? How?
- Where would you live?
- Who would be in your life and what would those relationships look like?
- What life changes would have been made?
- Where would you work?
- How would you spend your time?
- Where would you vacation and relax and recharge?
- What would you be learning or how would you be growing?
Because reality has been suspended, the answers to these questions should not necessarily correlate directly to life changes; however, the answers give valuable glimpses at what people value. Life coaches may be able to help their clients use that information to make realistic, helpful life changes.
Working with a Life Coach from Thriveworks Chattanooga
If you are facing an unanticipated life event or if you have a goal you want to achieve, consider reaching out for help from a life coach. You are not alone. People can often achieve more than they ever thought possible with the right guidance, encouragement, and support. That is why Thriveworks Chattanooga offers life coaching—we have seen many clients thrive and live the life they want.
When you contact our office, here are a few things that may be helpful to know…
- A scheduling specialist will answer your call—we do not have a voicemail.
- Your first appointment may be the following day—we know you are ready to get started.
- Our office works with many insurance companies and accepts many insurance plans.
- Evening and weekend appointments are available.
Are you ready for a life coach? Thriveworks Chattanooga is ready to help. Call us today.