Online Counseling in Centennial, CO—Online Counselors, Therapists
Counseling at Thriveworks Centennial is a safe place for you to discuss life problems, mental health challenges, and troubling thoughts and feelings. Our counselors are able (and happy) to help you with these obstacles, in in-person counseling, or if you prefer, online counseling!
Online counseling via telephone or videoconference is a valuable option that enables you to make important progress with your counselor from the comfort and security of home. If this sounds like an opportunity that you’re interested in, just reach out to Thriveworks Centennial online counseling by phone at (720) 808-5099 to schedule your appointment or ask us any questions you may have. We’ll be here.
What Exactly Is Online Counseling?
Online counseling emerged in the 1950s as a mental health hotline. It then expanded to include online self-help groups. And today, it comes in the form of mental health hotlines, online self-help groups, and one-on-one therapy with a licensed provider.
In online counseling at Thriveworks Centennial, you will receive professional help from licensed, caring counselors, therapists, and psychologists. Your provider will develop a personalized treatment plan just for you, based on your needs and goals. That said, online counseling typically follows one of the following formats:
- Telephone counseling: This approach is simple. Your counselor will call you at the time of your scheduled appointment.
- Video counseling: This approach is simple enough as well! Your counselor will provide you with a video link, which you should visit at the time of your appointment.
Online counseling is a more comfortable and more convenient option for many people seeking counseling services. Thriveworks Centennial is happy to offer this option.
Should I Try Online Counseling?
If you’re weighing your options and deciding whether you want to pursue in-person or online counseling, consider the following questions:
- Is there a counselor near you with the right specialties? Every counselor has specialties, from the age groups they work with to the specific issues they help their clients address. The most fruitful therapy comes from the right therapeutic relationship. If you’re currently looking for the right fit for you, you might consider a counselor’s specialties, as well as their gender, background, and beliefs (depending on what you’re looking for in a counselor. Online counseling enables you to find the counselor who checks all of your boxes.
- Is your schedule already jampacked? You’re already struggling to fit everything you need to fit into your schedule. We get it. When deciding between in-person and online counseling, it’s important to know that online counseling caters to those with busy schedules. Instead of having to go out of your way to drive to your appointment, you can attend from work, home, or wherever you feel comfortable (and have service).
- Have unpredictable factors gotten in your way of counseling before? Poor weather. Car trouble. If unpredictable or uncontrollable external factors have gotten in your way before, online counseling is the solution. You don’t have to worry about these factors if your counseling appointment is online.
- Will you feel more comfortable working with a counselor onsite or online? With online counseling, you are safe and comfortable at home. This might, in turn, make you feel safer and more comfortable opening up to your therapist on a phone call or in a video chat! If that’s the case, online counseling might be the right counseling option for you.
Hopefully, these questions help you decide whether in-person or online counseling is the right counseling option for you. For some, it’s a no brainer; others have to try it and see for themselves! Either way, the counselors and therapists at Thriveworks Centennial, CO are here for you and ready to support you.
Schedule Online Counseling at Thriveworks Centennial
Online counseling can help people with all backgrounds as well as those facing various challenges. So, if you are in search of depression therapy, anxiety therapy, couples therapy, or help for issues like low self-esteem or lack of fulfillment (just to name a couple), consider working with an online counselor at Thriveworks Centennial. No problem is too big or too small.
It’s important that you know online counseling is often covered by insurance. Many insurances are covering video counseling, and they are starting to cover phone counseling as well. Call us today with any questions or to book your first online counseling appointment: (720) 808-5099.