Couples therapy works by helping couples identify and better navigate their unique challenges. Following an initial assessment of the couple in terms of strengths and needs, the therapist would then discuss their therapeutic goals and any possible approaches or ways of working together as therapist and couple.
Couples attend sessions together, whether they meet in person or by video. In addition to regular couples therapy sessions, each partner may also be asked to attend a few individual sessions to supplement their progress. This will allow their counselor to get to know each individual better, assess each of their personal needs, and develop the very best treatment plan moving forward.
On average, couples attend couples therapy for 12 weeks. However, couples therapy may last longer or shorter, dependent on the couples' needs, the challenges they'd like to work through, and the pace of their progress.
Relationships are hard work. Whether you’re newly dating, six months into your relationship, engaged, or married, you will encounter challenges. You’ll experience periods in which it is hard to find time for each other; you’ll have days where you disagree on everything; you’ll even face problems that threaten or test the strength of your relationship. Conflict in your relationships is inevitable. And the sooner we accept this, the sooner we can build strong relationships that last.
Your perspective and your partner’s perspective on your relationship can be limiting. Sometimes, you need an outsider’s viewpoint to discover and make the changes that will transform your relationship. And who is better for the job than a relationship expert? Couples therapists can help you understand and accept that every relationship will encounter challenges. Even better, they can help you to endure these challenges and build a happier, healthier relationship.
“Behind every happy couples lies two people who have fought hard to overcome all obstacles and interference to be that way. Why? Because it’s what they wanted.” –Kim George
There is no fast pass to your dream relationship. The couples therapists at Thriveworks Centennial specialize in helping couples to identify and work through the problems in their relationship. If you think that you could benefit from a professional’s skills, training, and experience, reach out to Thriveworks Centennial. We want to help you build the relationship of your dreams. Give us a call at (720) 808-5099 to schedule your appointment.
Who Is Couples Counseling Geared To?
If you and your partner are currently experiencing a rough patch, don’t worry: It won’t last forever. It might feel that way, but the truth is that this moment will pass. That being said, if you’re struggling to get out of the rut, there is help available.
Here are a few hard-hitting questions that couples sit on and eventually bring to the therapy office:
- Do I feel fulfilled in my relationship?
- We’ve both changed a lot since we first met… are we still right for each other?
- We never used to fight. Why has that changed? Will it get better?
- My relationship lacks excitement. Can we find it again?
- I’m not sure our visions for the future align. Will that become a problem?
- Is it time to end the relationship and go our separate ways
Racking your brain to answer these questions can be stressful, even painful. But asking yourself these questions is healthy. It shows that you’re thinking about your wellbeing and your future—and that you want things to be better! A couples counselor can help you and your significant other to explore these questions and find some resolution.
Scheduling Couples Counseling at Thriveworks Centennial
Relationship issues can disrupt your life completely and make you feel sad, scared, or confused. We want to help you and your partner work through the problem or question at hand. Whenever you’re ready to start a partnership with a couples counselor, reach out to Thriveworks Centennial. When you call to set up your appointment, here is what you can expect from us:
- A scheduling specialist will guide you through the quick and simple process of setting up your appointment. They will gather some basic information and then provide you with flexible scheduling options, of which typically includes evening and weekend appointments! Your scheduling specialist will help you find someone with the right expertise to help you with your relationship.
- When you walk into our office for your first appointment, you’ll be welcomed to a modern and relaxing space. This is one small way that we work to provide you with the best experience from start to finish.
- Your provider will call you in to their office on time (sometimes, even early!) and dive right in. Time is valuable, and we want to get you the help that you need right away.
- When you finish up with your therapist, you will be able to reach out to them via email or phone call with any non-emergency questions or concerns. And they will respond as quickly as possible.
Here at Thriveworks Centennial, we genuinely care about our clients. We will do everything we can to help them live a happier, healthier life. Call us today at (720) 808-5099 to schedule your appointment when you’re ready.