Anxiety Therapy in Centennial, CO—Therapists and Counselors
There is an infinite number of things to worry about: getting to work on time, whether or not the kids are behaving (and excelling) at school, resolving an argument with your significant other, spending enough time with friends, paying the bills, completing that assignment at work on time, and on and on. The list never ends. The good news is that it’s normal to worry every now and then, it’s human nature. That said, when this worry has gotten to the point of causing you significant distress, it’s time to get help.
Anxiety is excessive or intense worry. It can come with harmful symptoms, both mental and physical, including fatigue, fast heart rate, sweating, loss of appetite, and more. One might feel anxious about the items in the list above, or more specific situations. For example, someone with social anxiety feels anxious in social situations. In any case, anxiety can cause serious harm and hinder life as we know it. So, if you have anxiety and you’re suffering because of it, consider working with an anxiety therapist.
“I was constantly anxious. I was kind of a control freak. If I didn’t know how something was going to turn out, I would make myself ill, or just be locked up or inhibited in a way that was really debilitating.” –Kristen Stewart
Thriveworks Centennial has anxiety therapists on staff who can help you with your anxiety. They have the knowledge, the skills, the training, and the experience to provide you with the tools you need to manage your anxious thoughts, feelings, and the symptoms that accompany them. A partnership with a Thriveworks Centennial anxiety therapist can make a major difference in your life. If you’re ready to schedule an appointment, give us a call at (720) 808-5099. See for yourself the value that you can find in therapy.
What Are the Symptoms of Anxiety?
Do you feel like your worry has gotten a little out of control? Do your muscles tense up when you think about the unknown? Does your heart start racing? Anxiety can come with many different symptoms, but the above might signify serious anxiety that needs to be addressed. Here is a list of common symptoms, some of which we’ve already touched on:
- Excessive or uncontrollable worry
- Lack of concentration
- Racing thoughts
- Racing heart beat
- Excessive sweating
Are you experiencing any of these symptoms of anxiety? Trying to manage these by yourself can be difficult. Know that you don’t have to do it alone. There are skilled, caring anxiety therapists at Thriveworks Centennial who specialize in helping people with their anxiety. Consider working with one of them today.
5 Common Anxiety Disorders
As we mentioned previously, there are different types of anxiety, which can vary in symptom and severity. Here are the 5 major types of anxiety disorders:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) is characterized by chronic everyday anxiety. Those with this disorder feel anxious even when there is nothing (or little) to trigger it.
- Social Anxiety Disorder (or social phobia): Social Anxiety Disorder is characterized by anxiety caused by social situations. It can be centered around one specific situation (like public speaking), or it can be triggered by all social interactions.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder: Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is characterized by anxiety caused by a life-threating or terrifying event. Traumatic events include those rooted in actual harm (physical, mental, or emotional) or threatened harm.
- Panic Disorder: Panic Disorder is characterized by intense fear that brings on physical symptoms like chest pain, dizziness, and shortness of breath.
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is characterized by recurrent, unwanted thoughts, or obsessions, as well as repetitive behaviors, or compulsions.
If you think you might have one of the above anxiety disorders, reach out to Thriveworks Centennial. They can help you to understand and manage your anxiety.
Schedule Anxiety Therapy at Thriveworks Centennial
Are you suffering from anxiety that causes you significant distress or interrupts day to day living? Consider working with an anxiety therapist at Thriveworks Centennial. We want to help you manage this harmful disorder and get your life back on track. You can reach us at (720) 808-5099. We look forward to meeting you and beginning this journey together!