Most people have something that makes them anxious. For you, maybe it’s waiting in line for what feels like forever, discomfort speaking in public, or maybe you just don’t like meeting new people. The point is, anxiety is uncomfortable, but we won’t deny it’s a part of life. It’s not something that goes away on its own—like most obstacles, facing it can often be the only true way to eliminate it. But when we’re faced with something that makes us anxious, it can be hard to trust that addressing the subject will actually fix it, and not just make things worse.
That being said, anxiety can come and go, but paying attention to how deeply it affects you, and how often you are actually anxious are important factors. There’s no need to judge yourself if you do feel consistently or debilitatingly anxious. And there’s also no reason for you to accept that anxiety will always control you. For those who face persistent, recurring feelings of anxiety, seeking mental health services for their concerns can offer real relief.
Thriveworks Counseling in Bowling Green, KY has therapists and psychologists on staff who specialize in treating anxiety. If you suspect that you are suffering from an anxiety disorder or would like to work with a professional to manage day-to-day anxiety, consider reaching out. We’ll set you up with a mental health professional who can help.
What Is Anxiety Therapy?
Anxiety therapy helps everyday people manage their specific presentation of anxiety. Anxiety manifests itself in many cases as:
- Racing thoughts, irrational thought loops
- Fatigue, feelings of being emotionally drained
- Headaches, or upset stomach
- Intense situational fear (crowds, public speaking, past events)
- Over or undereating to cope with stress
- Short temper or mood swings
If any of these symptoms sound familiar, then talking with a therapist or psychiatrist at Thriveworks could help you regain control of your thoughts and emotions. We’d like to help you stay present in your daily life, and make the most out of your personal experiences. To do so, Thriveworks in Bowling Green, KY has different types of mental health care professionals to assist you.
Even though the symptoms of anxiety may feel similar to many, the ways that anxiety might be triggered can vary wildly from person to person. That’s because anxiety isn’t just one, but many different types, known as disorders. Some of our clients benefit from connecting with a therapist or counselor, while others find the medication offered by psychiatric care to be more beneficial. It’s completely fine if you aren’t sure which type of provider you need—our Bowling Green, KY office is here to help with that.
There’s a large amount of anxiety disorders, but Thriveworks mental health professionals commonly help treat:
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD): GAD causes anxiety in multiple different scenarios, whether real or imagined. This disorder can be difficult to identify because it isn’t triggered by any single source of anxiety.
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD): This disorder often induces irrational thought loops, or impulses to perform random physical actions in repetition.
- Social anxiety disorder: Social anxiety induces distress while engaging with other people. Everything from grocery runs to birthday parties can be cumbersome, fear-filled events.
- Panic disorder: Panic disorder can cause panic attacks. These physical episodes might result in dizziness, chest pain, vertigo, and nausea.
- Post-traumatic stress syndrome (PTSD): PTSD, can occur in anyone that has been through a psychologically or physically painful event. Those who suffer from it are often privy to flashbacks to traumatic events, nightmares, and antisocial behavior.
By partnering with a therapist or psychiatrist, you’ll be getting professional insight and guidance from an expert who’s trained to treat and diagnose different types of anxiety disorders. Dealing with an anxiety disorder isn’t something that you need to go through alone—our mental health professionals can help support you.
Schedule Anxiety Therapy in Bowling Green, KY
At our Thriveworks office in Bowling Green, KY you’ll be able to find the quality mental health care and professional assistance you need. And with the ability to implement new strategies and ways of coping with your anxiety, we hope you’ll experience the difference that comes along with having true peace of mind.
In order to make finding a provider and the right appointment time less stressful, you can talk with our staff of scheduling specialists. They help our clients find the right session time and mental health professional to suit their specific needs. In addition to having support from our scheduling team seven days a week, you’ll get access to perks, like:
- Evening and weekend session times
- Our life coach Q/Q chat line for questions you might have in between sessions
- A flexible 23.5 hour cancellation policy—just let us know less than a day before your appointment if you can’t make it.
- Online therapy or psychiatric services from the comfort of your home
When anxiety seems intent on staying in your life, choosing to get assistance and guidance through mental health care with Thriveworks can make a difference. It’s your life—we’ve got the tools and positive outlook you need to start taking control of your anxiety.