Think of all the ways access to the internet has changed our world. Because of the world wide web, we’re able to connect with faraway relatives on video calls, join work conferences with colleagues halfway across the country, and engage with people and products from all over the world.
Technology can be a powerful communication tool. We already trust it to connect us to family and colleagues, so why wouldn’t we trust it to connect us to the licensed mental health professionals who treat the challenges and illnesses we all face throughout our lives?
There’s a notion that therapy and counseling are only for those with severe maladies. But this isn’t so. Therapy and counseling can offer a world of benefits for people suffering from everything from body image issues to anxiety to grief. They can promote confidence, improve communication skills, and encourage active engagement.
Whatever your mental or emotional challenge may be, know that online therapists and counselors can help provide clarity. They can equip you with the skills you need to identify triggers, manage complications, and mitigate future concerns. And all of this can be done from the comfort of your home, office, or wherever you are.
It only takes one phone call to schedule a virtual meetup with a licensed professional at Thriveworks in Arlington Heights, IL. We’ve seen therapy help countless others; let’s see what it can do for you.
Which Mental Health Services Are Available Online?
The same beneficial services you expect from in-person therapy are available online. Like traditional therapy, virtual therapy covers a wide range of topics including:
- Depression therapy and anxiety therapy
- Anger and stress management
- Grief and loss counseling
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Marriage counseling and couples therapy
- Life coaching and career counseling
- Family therapy and child therapy
- Eating disorder counseling
When you schedule an appointment at Thriveworks in Arlington Heights, IL, we’ll help you pick a licensed counselor that can identify your specific needs and work with you to overcome your challenges.
Why Online Therapy May Be Right for You
Online counseling gives you choices. You can attend your session from work or home, pick a time in the morning or evening, and can even choose between the type of service you want — video chats or phone calls.
If you would like to speak to your provider via video, you’ll receive a secure link. When it’s time for your scheduled appointment, simply click on the link to get started. If you prefer to speak to your provider over the phone, simply wait for your provider to call you at your scheduled appointment time.
Virtual therapy offers three primary benefits:
- Increased accessibility. You can save on commute time by phoning or video chatting with your provider from a location that works for you. This can be especially helpful if you have limited mobility or live in a rural area.
- Increased comfort. There are all sorts of reasons a person may prefer to meet away from the counseling office. For people with anxiety disorders, virtual counseling allows them to meet with a provider on their own terms. After getting to know their mental health professional, they may decide to visit them in person as part of their treatment plan.
- Increased flexibility. Because you can have your session from almost anywhere, you can schedule your appointment during times you may not have been able to with traditional therapy. This can include on lunch breaks, between classes, or right before school pickup.
If you’d like to save time, lessen your commute, or stay flexible, consider scheduling a virtual counseling session with a provider at Thriveworks in Arlington Heights, IL.
Work With an Online Counselor — Book With Thriveworks in Arlington Heights
Time constraints are one of the top reasons people say they can’t commit to therapy or counseling. But virtual sessions help to solve that problem, allowing you to get the therapy or counseling you need without the commute involved with face-to-face meetings.
Your relationships, self-esteem, and mental health don’t have to wait another day. Whether you’re a couple looking to strengthen your bond or an individual looking to treat anxiety or depression, virtual therapy can give you the power to improve your life.
At Thriveworks, we offer weekend and evening appointments and in-between access to your provider via phone or email. Additional online benefits include access to video content, a moderated message board, and a Q&A life coach.
Because we know that plans change, we offer a flexible cancellation policy. We also accept health insurance from a variety of insurance providers.
Technology has the power to transform our lives and you can use it to better yours. Call to set up a virtual appointment with a licensed mental health professional at Thriveworks in Arlington Heights, IL. We look forward to seeing you soon.