Family Therapy in Albuquerque, NM—Mental Health Professionals
Family. They are by your side as soon as you start your journey in this world. They are the ones who know how to push every one of your buttons, make you laugh, know every bit and piece about you. However, sometimes that can hurt you or make you feel alone. No family is perfect, and all families encounter some shape or form of challenges over the years.
Do you feel like your family is struggling to communicate, get along, or function as a whole? Do you feel like you could benefit from seeking professional help? Consider the following scenarios:
- You feel anxious when attending family group gatherings because you are fearful of arguing over topics like politics
- One of your parents is remarried to someone who causes a lot of stress on you and your siblings
- Holidays are often spent arguing and you never really relax
- You have not spoken to your family in weeks, even months or years, because they are unaccepting of a decision you have made for your life
- You wish your family would accept responsibility for the things they say and do
Can you relate to any of these scenarios? Luckily, family therapy can help you and your family overcome past situations and learn the tools you need to move forward in a healthier, more harmonious light. At Thriveworks Counseling in Albuquerque, a team of dedicated family therapists is readily available to help you achieve those things. If you feel like you and your family could greatly benefit from family counseling, call our office to get started.
What Can Family Therapy Help With?
Whether your family is dealing with a major life change or the development of a mental health condition, there are resources to help you work through it. Family counseling is aimed at helping families address specific problems that are affecting the overall wellbeing and harmony of your household.
Here is a list of some challenges that may contribute to your family relationships:
- Abuse, neglect, and/or an addition to drugs or alcohol
- Hormonal changes or disruptive behavior in children
- Financial burdens caused by change or loss in jobs
- Overbearing or untrustworthy parenting that creates rebellious children
- Bickering between siblings that seems to have no end
- Caring for a sick, elderly, or special needs family member
- Lack of discipline due to a single-parent household
- The strain of helping a child with a learning disability such as dyslexia
- Loss of a loved one without having time to heal
- Presence of mental illness in a family member such as anxiety, depression, or ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
- Substance abuse or addiction problems
These are just some of the challenges a family may face. If you are on the fence about seeking the aid of a family counselor, ask yourself these questions: Have I tried everything to mend the relationships of our family and proven unsuccessful? If you answered yes, Thriveworks in Albuquerque has a dedicated team of marriage and family therapists who are trained in improving family relationships. After receiving help, our goal is to equip you with the tools necessary to:
- Improve communication skills
- Learn how to actively listen
- Practice compromising
- Strengthen bonds
Remember, you don’t have to do this alone.
Consult with a Professional Therapist at Thriveworks Counseling in Albuquerque, NM
At Thriveworks Counseling in Albuquerque, our goal is to provide you and your family with a safe space to build your trust and communication. With the help of our support and professional skill set, all members can benefit from the unique assistance that is customized for you. If you feel ready to start opening up, breaking down walls, and getting to a better mental place, schedule an appointment with one of our counselors.
We offer appointments every day of the week, both day and night. One of our scheduling specialists can help you find an appointment time that works best for your schedule. Your first appointment could often be within 24 hours of your initial call. When you feel comfortable and ready, give our office a call to start your journey.