Depression Counseling in Alburquerque, NM
Depression is taxing. Symptoms can vary from person to person, but they all make day to day functioning difficult and unpleasant, from pulling away from friends and family and fatigue to loss of appetite and feelings of worthlessness. If you’re experiencing these symptoms, it’s important that you seek help and support from a mental health professional. Therapy proves to be an effective treatment option for those with depression, and Thriveworks Counseling in Alburquerque, NM has depression therapists who can help you now.
Thriveworks counselors and therapists have helped many people with depression work through their struggles and find a way to cope that works for them. If you’re struggling with symptoms of depression, our providers would love to help you, too. To schedule a depression therapy appointment, all you have to do is contact our office. We’ll be happy to assist you.
What Is It Like to Be Depressed?
Depression isn’t just about the emotional and mental effects you experience. Depression often takes a toll on your physical health too. It can make sleeping difficult, it can lead to changes in appetite and weight, it can cause stomach pain, and it can come with other physical effects, too.
Here is a more comprehensive list of common depression symptoms, both the mental and the physical:
- A persistent feeling of sadness or despair
- Loss of interest
- Sleep disturbances, such as insomnia
- Changes in appetite and/or weight
- Low self-esteem
- Loss of concentration
- Social isolation
- Substance abuse or addiction
- Suicidal thoughts or ideation
You might experience some of these symptoms but not others, as depression can vary in presentation and severity from person to person. That being said, if you are experiencing more than one of the symptoms on this list for at least two weeks at a time, there’s a good chance you might be battling depression.
In some instances, anxiety and depression are likely to develop at the same time. The dedicated mental health professionals at Thriveworks in Alburquerque are able to provide you with an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan if you happen to develop them together.
Types of Depressions
The list of symptoms above can present themselves in a few different ways. Someone you know at work who has depression could be experiencing something completely different than you are. That’s why it’s important to seek out the help of a dedicated depression counselor or therapist.
Different types of depression that can manifest in someone’s life include:
- Major Depressive Disorder: This is the most well-known form of depression and can be brought on by many different challenges.
- Minor Depression: Minor Depression has the same symptoms and signs as Major Depressive Disorder, it’s just less severe and not as persistent.
- Bipolar Disorder: This disorder is characterized by extreme mood swings between depression and mania. Manic symptoms can include risky behavior in your personal and professional life. These spouts of energy are described as euphoric.
- Postpartum Depression: This type of depression affects women who have just given birth. Postpartum depression can affect how well you connect with your new child and can make you think you’re a bad parent.
Any type of clinical depression is hard to deal with. If you experience depression in any form, a Thriveworks counselor in Alburquerque can offer you the support and guidance you need.
What to Expect from Depression Counseling
Here at Thriveworks Counseling in Alburquerque, we offer a helping hand and listening ear when you feel like no one else in the world can understand what you’re going through. We are client-focused and are dedicated to prioritizing your unique goals and needs. If you have been looking for a compassionate, empathetic depression counselor, your search is over.
We want to help you establish a healthy routine for your daily life and tackle the things holding you back. We can help you by:
- Identifying your stressors
- Giving you the tools to practice better communication
- Coping and managing intense feelings and emotions
- Setting goals and seeing that you achieve them
- Monitoring your success and celebrating small victories
We believe therapy should be a partnership. That’s why we will be by your side every step of the way through your mental health journey. With any new changes, setbacks, or victories, we’d like you to talk to us about them.
Combat Depression at Thriveworks Counseling in Alburquerque, NM
When you feel isolated and think you don’t have anyone to turn to who understands what you’re going through, reach out for a helping hand at Thriveworks. Our team of therapists is dedicated to providing client-focused care with your needs in mind. We believe expectational client care starts with you.
To work with one of our anxiety and depression therapists, visit our online booking portal or give us a call and one of our scheduling specialists will assist you. We offer our clients added benefits including flexible scheduling options, no waitlist, and online counseling options.
You can live the life you want. All you have to do is reach out. We look forward to helping you!