Depression Therapy in Wilbraham, MA — Counselors, Therapists, and Psychologists
More than 264 million people around the world suffer from depression each year. Over 16 million of those people are in the United States alone. With the stressors of work, turmoil between friends and family, communication problems, or just feeling like nothing could go right, it’s easy to fall into a depressive state. While it’s not always clear where depression specifically stems from, it is important to understand and recognize the signs and symptoms of the mental illness. Knowing when something is off can allow you to get the help you need sooner rather than later. Putting off getting help can sometimes just make matters worse.
If you know someone who’s depressed, please resolve never to ask them why. Depression isn’t a straightforward response to a bad situation; depression just is, like the weather.” – Stephen Fry
You deserve a life that’s full of happiness, laughter, and success. Depression can rip those things right out of your hands and can be exhausting to deal with. Sometimes this uphill battle can feel impossible to overcome. Luckily, depression therapy is a great option to help you take back the reigns of your life. The depression therapists, counselors, and psychologists at Thriveworks Wilbraham Counseling are trained to help you pull out of the darkness. Not only can they effectively treat your depression, but they can also help you better manage your symptoms. If you think that you or a loved one might be depressed and could benefit from working with a depression counselor, reach out to our office today.
What Is Depression?
Depression is a mood disorder that affects how you think, feel, and act. Anyone who has struggled with depression knows that it is far from simply feeling “down.” Like we touched on briefly, depression is different from everyone. For some, it can be mild and come in waves, and for others, it can be severe and never really leave. There are some tell-tale signs, though. If you recognize some of these in yourself or a loved one, know that a Thriveworks Wilbraham counselor is here for you.
- Diminished appetite
- Tiredness or lack of energy
- Changes in weight due to not eating or overeating
- Restlessness or fatigue
- Feelings of worthlessness or guilt
- Changes in sleeping habits (hypersomnia or insomnia)
- Suicidal thoughts or ideation
Because there is such a broad range in severity, it’s important that you seek treatment for depression if you are experiencing any symptoms above. Understanding the signs can help you defeat your depression sooner and before it gets worse.
How Can Thriveworks Wilbraham Counseling Help?
While it would be amazing if we had a magic wand to wave that would cure all of your symptoms, defeating depression does take some work. Luckily, the counselors and therapists at Thriveworks Wilbraham have extensive training, education, and experience in helping clients overcome the mental challenges that are holding them back. Your counselor will work with you to come up with a treatment plan that is customized to your specific needs, wants, and goals. In doing so, they’ll be able to target your problems to help you overcome them quickly.
To do so, we have a few tools and methods that will make it easier. During a counseling session at Thriveworks Wilbraham, you may discuss:
- Coping strategies
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy – changing negative thoughts and behaviors
- The root cause of your depression, if it was brought on by a specific event or series of events
- How to rewire the way you think about yourself and your perception of life
- Possible changes to your environment and routine to better your mental health. Such as exercise, better eating habits, better sleep, and social interaction
- And more!
In addition to discussing these things, your mental health provider will also help you learn the skills and tools to recognize your stressors before they come up so you can better manage them and improve your wellbeing. At our location, we dedicate ourselves to being partners in your mental health journey and want to be the support and guidance you have been searching for. Don’t wait any longer to put you and your needs first. Let us help you.
Start a Relationship with a Depression Therapist at Thriveworks Wilbraham, MA
You deserve a life free of depression – one where you can feel full again and look forward to the future. At Thriveworks Wilbraham Counseling, we can help you achieve that. Some of the benefits of choosing to work with a therapist at our location includes:
- Working with a scheduling specialist who can answer any of your questions real-time
- Flexible scheduling options to include evening and weekend appointment times in addition to our regular daytime hours
- No waitlist so you can be sure to see your counselor as soon as you need to
- Appointment times within 24 hours of reaching out
- We accept most insurance carriers and have great self-pay options as well
- Online and in-person counseling
And more! We look forward to learning more about you and helping you through the challenges you are facing. Let’s get started. Just give us a call.