The stigma behind mental healthcare can sometimes make people hesitant to reach out for help when they need it. But no one is immune to the challenges of maintaining strong mental and emotional health. Every day, we encounter complications that test our limits. These complications can include:
- Dealing with behavioral issues in children
- Gaining the self-confidence to have difficult discussions with a boss or co-worker
- Learning to disengage from toxic relationships
- Recovering from the unexpected loss of a loved one or family member
- Managing our reactions during stressful situations
For some people, challenges may include additional factors such as major depressive disorder and other mental health disorders. For others, challenges may include resentment in relationships or marital disagreements.
Problems big and small deserve attention. Mental health providers, including licensed psychologists, are trained to examine your mental and emotional problems and concerns. This may include using their specialty area of psychoanalytic therapy to uncover past trauma or providing guidance based on your answers to a given assessment or survey. Regardless of the type of challenge, the professionals at Thriveworks in Tempe, AZ are happy to help you.
If you believe you could benefit from speaking with a psychologist, please consider contacting us today. We would love to accompany you on your journey to sound mental wellness.
Reasons To Consult With a Psychologist
Everyone needs a support system. From major depressive disorder to child behavioral challenges, a licensed psychologist is equipped to address a variety of concerns and give you the support you need to make a positive change in your life.
Some of the more common reasons people seek the help of mental health professionals are:
- Overcoming past trauma
- Managing phobias
- Unpacking relationship issues
- Receiving guidance in major life transitions
- Dealing with anxiety and stress
- Dealing with feelings of emptiness
- Establishing healthy self-esteem
This list cannot possibly encompass all of the many reasons people choose to speak with a psychologist. Your concerns, whether listed above or not, are valid, and a psychologist may be able to help provide clarity.
If you’ve found yourself feeling directionless, frustrated, or emotionally overwhelmed, please contact us at Thriveworks Counseling in Tempe, AZ. We would love to speak with you.
What To Expect During Psychology Appointments
Psychologists are trained to use talk therapy and a variety of psychological principles to help clients with their mental health challenges. They specialize in listening to your specific needs and talking you through your problems to come up with tailored solutions.
A clinical psychologist typically has a Ph.D. and may conduct research, interviews, and surveys to help them better diagnose disorders.
Treatment with a trained psychologist may involve any of the following methods:
Restructuring negative thoughts through cognitive behavioral therapy, which helps you recognize why a thought process may be inaccurate and challenges you to come up with different ways to approach problems.
- Presenting tests and assessments that help pinpoint your problem while giving more insight into why you may behave or think the way you do.
- Using a psychoanalytical approach that involves talking through past trauma and experiences to help you and your psychologist better understand the cause of your concerns.
- Completing at-home assignments that challenge you to continue the work done during your online or face-to-face sessions with your provider.
Experienced psychologists may use one form of treatment or work across treatment types to provide the best care. They may also collaborate with a Thriveworks psychiatrist if medication is needed in combination with other forms of treatment.
The ultimate goal of the mental health professionals at Thriveworks in Tempe, AZ, is to help you cope with challenges and solve problems. Speaking with a professional may assist you in finding greater happiness, learning better communication skills, and developing a new perspective on the stressors of life.
Schedule an Appointment With a Clinical Psychologist in Tempe, AZ
If you’re ready to take the first step toward making a powerful change in your life, consider working with a licensed psychologist at Thriveworks in Tempe, AZ.
Talking about your mental health does not have to be a daunting task. Our team is waiting to listen to your challenges and to provide solutions. We are available on weekends and evenings and often offer new clients the chance to make appointments to be seen within 24 to 48 hours.
As a client, you will have access to a moderated community board and online counseling services. Additional benefits include:
- 24-hour access to ask-a-coach services
- Access to exclusive videos
- Phone and email access to your provider between sessions
- Offices with early opening and late closing times
It’s never too late to take charge of your mental well-being. Please call us at Thriveworks in Tempe, AZ or set up an appointment online today.