Priya is in her fourth and final year of college. As a student double majoring in Business and English, her workload is often intense. These last four years have been filled with back-to-back classes, study groups, and work services. She’s looking forward to a less hectic schedule and more time for herself after graduation.
But before she can take a break, she has one final semester to go. Loaded with her most challenging coursework yet, this semester is even more stressful than the last, and her workload is starting to impact her mental, emotional, and physical health. Lately, she’s been having trouble sleeping and focusing. She finds it difficult to manage her tasks and make time for herself.
She realizes that she could use some advice, so she signs up to speak with a remote licensed professional at Thriveworks between classes. Her provider listens to her concerns and helps her rearrange her schedule so that there’s more downtime to take care of her mental health. He helps her set manageable self-care goals and gives Priya coping skills she’ll be able to come back to throughout her life.
If you have a tight schedule like Priya and could benefit from mental health services, online counseling might be just what you need to get the care you require during the time you have available. To speak with an online counselor, therapist, or other licensed mental health professional, you can schedule an appointment online or over the phone with a Thriveworks team member in St. Paul, MN.
Virtual Services Available Online
There’s often an assumption that many mental and emotional services can only be handled in person. In reality, most mental health services that can be addressed during in-person therapy can be addressed virtually as well.
Many of the virtual services we offer are the same ones we offer during our traditional therapy appointments. They include:
- Depression therapy and anxiety therapy
- Life coaching and career counseling
- Family therapy and child therapy
- PTSD counseling and trauma therapy
- Marriage counseling and couples therapy
- Grief and loss counseling
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Anger and stress management
- Substance abuse counseling
To begin speaking with a licensed counselor or therapist remotely, call us to set up an appointment at Thriveworks in St. Paul, MN.
The Added Benefits of Virtual Mental Health Services
For many people, time is the biggest factor in their decision to not pursue therapy. If this sounds like you, online therapy can help. Many of our clients are able to squeeze mental health care into their day by removing the commute to our office and relying on virtual appointments.
Virtual therapy offers a number of benefits over face-to-face therapy, including:
- Increased accessibility: You can have your session from your home, in your car, or in a remote or rural area. People with limited mobility or people who work from home often find this to be one of the biggest draws to speaking with a licensed therapist or counselor remotely.
- Increased comfort: New clients are often nervous when speaking with a provider for the first time, but speaking from the comfort of your home or workplace can help ease you into therapy.
- Increased continuity: You don’t have to skip sessions just because of vacations, inclement weather, or a sudden inability to travel. You can always schedule an online appointment with your provider even if you can’t always make it to our counseling center.
- Increased cost savings: You’ll save on gas or public transportation, maximize your time and energy, and maybe even avoid extra childcare by ditching the commute.
There are two ways to communicate with your virtual provider — by phone or by live video session. If you choose phone call services, your provider will call you when it’s your appointment time. If you choose video services, you’ll be provided a link to click on during your pre-arranged appointment time.
Whether you select phone or video services, know that your psychiatrist, counselor, therapist, or another licensed provider will offer you unwavering support. Get started as soon as you’d like by setting up an online appointment at Thriveworks in St. Paul, MN.
Schedule an Online Session With a Provider at Thriveworks in St. Paul, MN
A busy schedule doesn’t have to prevent you from getting mental health care. Online counseling and therapy sessions provide additional flexibility, accessibility, and comfort that enables you to get started with therapy at a time and place that’s convenient for you.
Our online providers offer weekend and evening appointment times in addition to standard weekday time slots. They can also be reached via phone or email between sessions. Additional online services include a virtual life coaching Q&A service, digital eBook and video content, and a moderated message board.
We accept insurance from many different providers and we offer a flexible cancellation plan. When you’re ready to prioritize your mental health, schedule an appointment with us at Thriveworks in St. Paul, MN.