The psychiatrist Thomas Szasz once stated, “People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But the self is not something one finds, it is something one creates.” Every human psyche is formed with complex contributions from nature and nurture. People can both find themselves and create themselves. Humans are born with genetic dispositions, certainly, but they also have the power to modify their neurochemistry. This can be done through cognitive pathways, as in cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), and/or through psychiatric medication. If someone is born with a tendency toward neuroticism or depression, that pathway isn’t set in stone. Psychotherapy, counseling, and psychiatry can change the course of mental health conditions.
The licensed mental health providers at Thriveworks in Spring, TX can meet with clients online, at their convenience. In comprehensive online therapy sessions, Thriveworks providers can help improve mental health outcomes by treating each client with individualized attention, compassion, and expertise. Mental health conditions are no one’s fault. Clients with issues like depression and anxiety can benefit from specialized care and treatment. Meeting with clients online, Thriveworks psychiatrists can give people the psychological and behavioral support they need to improve their lives and fulfill their goals.
Does Online Counseling Really Work?
At Thriveworks, online counseling is traditional therapy that takes place via an online therapy platform. That means that none of the quality of an in-person, face to face therapy session is sacrificed for the sake of virtual comfort and convenience. The licensed therapists at Thriveworks offer all the same therapy services online as they do in in-person therapy. And yes, countless studies have shown that online counseling is just as effective as traditional sessions. Online counseling at Thriveworks in Spring, TX also has these additional benefits:
- Virtual sessions can save clients time and money. For example, Thriveworks clients may not need to take time off work or hire babysitters in order to attend their full-length online sessions.
- Online clients may get more scheduling options for appointments. Clients can meet with their therapist on evenings or weekends.
- Couples therapy or family therapy sessions might be easier to coordinate online because all participants don’t need to be in the same room at the same time.
- Online sessions might allow clients to feel more comfortable by remaining in their own familiar environment.
- Clients can still do talk therapy even if they’re traveling.
- The Thriveworks online therapy program is super secure and HIPAA-compliant so clients can safeguard their privacy during live video sessions or live chats via phone call.
- Online clients who are ill or have mobility issues can still meet with their Thriveworks therapists.
- Clients can avail themselves of the full mental health services offered even if they live in rural areas.
Who Can Benefit from Online Counseling?
Anyone who could use a compassionate listener can benefit from online counseling at Thriveworks in Spring, TX. Some clients might have acute mental health conditions that could be managed by psychiatry appointments. Other clients may be experiencing some mild work stress and want to learn ways to become more resilient. Therapy is all individualized toward a client’s particular goals. People come to Thriveworks for support with all kinds of issues and experiences, including the following:
- Postpartum depression
- Eating disorders
- Panic disorder and panic attacks
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Personality disorders
- Bipolar disorder (manic depression)
- Relationship issues
- Existential crises
- Empty nest syndrome
- Marital conflicts
- Attention difficulties
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Emotional regulation
The highly qualified roster of licensed mental health providers at Thriveworks in Spring, TX include psychiatrists (MDs), psychologists (PhDs or PsyDs), licensed professional counselors (LPCs), licensed clinical social workers (LCSWs), and licensed marriage and family therapists (LMFTs). These providers use a variety of evidence-based therapeutic approaches like CBT and mindfulness training to help clients achieve their goals.
How Do I Find the Best Online Therapist or Psychiatrist?
An online counselor needs to meet certain criteria in order to be a good fit for a new client. For one, they need to be fully licensed. (All Thriveworks mental health providers are fully licensed in their state, nationwide.) It also helps if they have experience treating your particular issue. (Thriveworks providers in Spring, TX might specialize in a number of different issues like depression, post-traumatic stress syndrome (PTSD), or neurodiversity in children.)
Get Licensed Online Therapy at Thriveworks in Spring, TX
Mental health care is health care, and everyone deserves treatment of the highest quality. The top-rated therapists and counselors at Thriveworks in Spring, TX can meet with new clients online as early as tomorrow or the next day. They accept most major forms of health insurance coverage, which helps keep their premium services affordable. And clients can reach them between sessions by phone or email. Call the Thriveworks office today to get the exceptional care that you’ve been looking for. We look forward to helping you.