When was the last time you checked in with yourself to see how you are really doing? Yesterday? Last week? Last year?
It’s important that you take time to reflect mentally and emotionally. When something is off or your mood has changed, letting it get the best of you can only make things worse. Consider:
- Is stress at work starting to affect your personal life?
- Have you recently gone through something traumatic or difficult and you don’t feel like you’ve been the same since?
- Is it difficult for you to socialize, whether it be because of anxiety or a depressive mood?
- Do you have a hard time organizing your thoughts and staying on track?
Psychiatrists are mental health professionals who can help you navigate all of these tricky situations and more. Whether you’re experiencing a specific mood or emotional disorder or you just feel off, a psychiatrist can be very beneficial to your overall well being.
Here at Thriveworks Counseling in Fayetteville, NC, our mental health team offers psychiatry and counseling services to help you get back on your feet and thrive. If you’re experiencing something difficult or feel like you could benefit from a diagnosis, reach out to us today.
What Is a Psychiatrist?
A psychiatrist is a mental health professional who has received a medical degree. These professionals typically spend about 10 years in school to be qualified for their careers. At Thriveworks, we only work with the best, most qualified professionals.
Psychiatrists often specialize in certain fields such as geriatric psychiatry, child and adolescent psychiatry, forensic psychiatry, and addiction psychiatry. Within these specialties, they focus on various disorders and challenges that people face. They’re dedicated to providing holistic, comprehensive plans of care that not only take your mental wellness into consideration but your emotional and physical wellness too.
Some people often confuse psychiatrists and psychologists. Both are mental health professionals who are able to work through a broad range of concerns. However, psychologists do not have the ability to prescribe psychiatric medications and use medication management, but psychiatrists can. They work with their clients in psychotherapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, narrative therapy, and other forms of counseling.
What to Be On The Lookout For
It’s possible that you have been experiencing unusual feelings or symptoms within the past few weeks or months. Perhaps you can’t control your intrusive thoughts or maybe you’ve been feeling particularly on edge.
Your Thriveworks psychiatrist will be able to identify the root cause of the challenges you are experiencing. Some common signs and symptoms that might benefit from talking to a psychiatrist about include:
- Mental illness symptoms such as stress, anxiety, hallucinations, depressive thoughts, memory problems, or difficulty regulating emotions
- Addictive behaviors (gambling, drugs, alcohol)
- Low self-esteem or concerns about your body image that might induce an eating disorder
- Violence or aggressive behaviors (toward yourself or others)
- Feelings of hopelessness or worthlessness
- Past trauma, including abuse (psychological, physical, or sexual)
- Racing thoughts and inability to focus
If you have been searching for client-focused Fayetteville psychiatric care, you’re in the right place. Here at Thriveworks Counseling in Fayetteville, NC, we will put your needs and feelings first in whatever direction we take.
Why Choose to Work With an Online Psychiatrist at Thriveworks?
Have you ever tried to schedule an appointment with a mental health provider but they had an extensive waiting list? Have you ever tried to schedule a weekend appointment but there weren’t any available? We’re happy to tell you that at Thriveworks, we do not operate with a waiting list and we offer flexible scheduling options so you don’t have to worry about those pesky inconveniences.
We offer our clients exclusive benefits such as:
- Online video sessions and telephone sessions
- Comprehensive treatment plans
- No waitlist
- Same- and next-day appointments
- Evening and weekend availability
- Access to exclusive video content and e-books
- Access to your provider between sessions as needed
We only work with the best counselors, therapists, psychologists, and psychiatrists at Thriveworks. If you think you could benefit from starting your mental health journey with us, we’re ready to get started