The German philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer once stated, “Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” The field of psychology has many fascinating specialties; for example, behavior economics, forensic psychology, and child psychology. But one thing that all these various branches seek to do is expand our understanding of how our minds work so our fields of vision aren’t so limited. By gaining insights into our own thoughts, feelings, beliefs, and behaviors, we can better understand humanity better in general. This is one of the great benefits of psychology.
The licensed psychologists at Thriveworks in Odessa, TX can help clients achieve mental well-being through self-inquiry, self-knowledge, and practical strategies. The team at Thriveworks is committed to giving people the psychological support that they need and deserve, no matter how mild or acute a person’s mental health issues are.
Why Is Mental Health Important?
Good mental health is the solid foundation from which every other accomplishment can happen. At best, someone in poor mental health might find that they can’t contribute their full value to the world. At worst, someone in poor mental health could damage themselves or someone else.
The World Health Organization (WHO) defines mental health as “a state of well-being in which the individual realizes his or her own abilities, can cope with the normal stresses of life, can work productively and fruitfully, and is able to make a contribution to his or her community.” The licensed psychologists at Thriveworks in Odessa, TX have the expertise required to help individuals realize those goals.
Is a Clinical Psychologist a Doctor?
A clinical psychologist has advanced academic degrees but is not technically a doctor, or MD. The licensed psychologists at Thriveworks in Odessa, TX can usually be identified by the PhD or a PsyD after their names. They can be counseling psychologists or clinical psychologists, and they provide different types of psychotherapy.
Other kinds of mental health providers you may encounter at the Thriveworks office in Odessa, TX include the following:
- Psychotherapists, who are any counselors, social workers, psychologists, or psychiatrists who provide psychotherapy
- Psychiatrists (MDs), who can prescribe medication and provide psychotherapy
- Licensed professional counselors (LPCs), who provide solution-focused counseling and psychotherapy
- Licensed clinical social workers (LCSWs), who provide counseling and practical guidance for local social services
- Licensed marriage and family therapists (LMFTs), who provide couples, marriage, and family counseling
All of the mental health providers at Thriveworks in Odessa, TX are colleagues, thus they can refer clients to each other if necessary. For example, someone may seek help from a Thriveworks psychologist who offers depression counseling. Then that client may determine (with their psychologist) that they could benefit from antidepressant medication prescribed by a Thriveworks psychiatrist, so they schedule a psychiatric assessment.
How Do You Choose a Psychologist?
To choose the best psychologist for you, you should follow a series of steps.
- Make sure the psychologist is fully licensed and qualified to treat clients. All psychologists at Thriveworks in Odessa are licensed in Texas.
- Make sure the psychologist is affordable. Thriveworks psychologists accept most health insurance and also offer affordable self-pay rates.
- Make sure the psychologist has experience treating your issue. Psychologists at Thriveworks have a wide range of mental health specialties, including depression, anxiety, panic disorder, addiction, eating disorders, phobias, and more.
Once you’ve covered these basics, you can delve deeper into a psychologist’s biography and background for more information. Our scheduling team is also happy to help you find a psychologist who best fits your needs. Then, you can schedule your first session to see if you feel a productive connection.
What Are the Best Psychotherapy Treatments?
Psychologists at Thriveworks in Odessa, TX are trained in a wide variety of evidence-based, well-researched, therapeutic specialties like the following:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Progressive muscle relaxation
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Cognitive restructuring
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy
- Behavioral activation
- Mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR)
- Exposure therapy
- Affect regulation
- Substance abuse counseling
- Relapse management
Many Thriveworks clients have enormous success with CBT, which aims to modify existing thought and belief patterns that may be maladaptive.
Meet Your Exceptional Psychologist at Thriveworks in Odessa, TX
Thriveworks only employs the highest-rated, most qualified candidates to fill psychologist positions in Odessa, TX–and nationwide. Our psychologists pride themselves on their compassion, expertise, and availability. They can meet with you online or in person at your convenience. And you can reach them by email or phone between sessions.
Find out what makes our Thriveworks psychologists so exceptional by booking your first appointment today. You can meet your psychologist as early as tomorrow or the next day. And you rarely have to wait. Over 97% of Thriveworks therapy and counseling appointments begin on time or early. We can’t wait to help you on your road to mental health and happiness!