The bestselling author Elizabeth Gilbert once wrote, “To be fully seen by somebody, then, and be loved anyhow–this is a human offering that can border on miraculous.” Why is it miraculous? Because intimate human relationships can be extremely difficult to maintain. You have to set healthy boundaries, you have to communicate your feelings, and you have to be willing to see life from another person’s perspective. And for two people who were raised in different households with different role models for relationships, that can feel impossible sometimes. But that’s where a relationship counselor can help.
The couples therapists and marriage counselors at Thriveworks in Odessa, TX are trained to see and empathize with both points of view in a relationship, whether the clients are a married couple who’s been married for 30 years, a couple who wants premarital counseling before they get married, or even two close friends who have been estranged due to an argument and want to heal their bond.
Does Couples Counseling Really Work?
If you’re not sure if couples therapy and marriage counseling at Thriveworks in Odessa, TX will work to enhance your relationship with your significant other, consider all the happy, enduring celebrity couples who have sworn by marriage counseling:
- Barack and Michelle Obama
- Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell
- Bryan Cranston and Robin Dearden
- Pink and Carey Hart
- Gabrielle Union-Wade and Dwyane Wade
Couples counseling works because it’s usually solution-focused and can offer practical solutions to conflicts. The work of getting to know another person intimately can take a lifetime, but the work of solving immediate problems can happen in just a few sessions with an expert couples therapist at Thriveworks in Odessa, TX. And those lessons learned in short-term therapy can keep on teaching you both throughout a relationship.
What Are the Most Common Reasons for Seeing a Couples or Marriage Counselor?
Some couples arrive at Thriveworks in Odessa, TX because they want couples therapy or marriage counseling for an immediate, external crisis, for example, someone cheated on their partner, or a death in the family has left a couple reeling. Other times the reasons for seeking marriage therapy might be more emotional, abstract, or esoteric. For instance, many people just desire certain fulfilling things in their relationship, such us the following:
- To feel loved.
- To feel appreciated.
- To give their kids a healthy model for a relationship.
- To get their spark back.
- To improve their communication.
- To stop having the same fight over and over again.
- To have better sex.
- To address substance abuse or addiction in the relationship.
- To stop arguing about in-laws.
- To get mental health support for parenting difficulties.
- To become more emotionally available.
Sometimes couples therapy and marriage counseling at Thriveworks in Odessa, TX can help identify an individual problem, like when one spouse may need additional counseling for depression, anxiety, or another untreated mental health condition.
How to Find a Couples Therapist or Marriage Counselor
To find the right couples therapist or marriage counselor for you and your significant other in Odessa, TX, first tell yourselves that you deserve the best. Then do the following:
- Look for a counselor who is fully licensed and authorized to give treatment in Texas. (All the mental health providers at Thriveworks nationwide are fully licensed.)
- Find out if the therapist is affordable. (Thriveworks therapists and other providers accept most health insurance.)
- Find out if the therapist can meet with you online at your convenience. (Thriveworks marriage counselors can meet with you virtually through Thriveworks secure, telehealth, video conferencing software, or in-person at the brick and mortar office.)
- Look for a therapist who’s experienced in the issue that you and your significant other face, whether that’s infidelity, bereavement, or substance abuse. You may also consider a therapist who has treated couples who share specific similarities with you, like LGBTQ couples, Christian couples, or interracial couples.
Reignite Your Spark with Marriage Counseling at Thriveworks in Odessa, TX
The marriage counselors and couples therapists at Thriveworks in Odessa, TX use their compassion, insights, and expertise to help people who love each other meet their relationship goals. They do this with evidence-based, premium treatments at affordable prices.
When you call the Thriveworks office in Odessa, our staff can arrange for you to have a session with a fully qualified, top-rated couples therapist within as few as 24-48 hours. Thriveworks offers additional enrollment benefits like email and phone access to your provider between sessions, an ultra-flexible 23.5hr cancellation policy, and our acclaimed Ask-a-Coach 24hr Q&A service, where a licensed counselor will respond to your life questions with exceptional, meaningful advice within a day.
Don’t wait for you and your spouse to grow apart. Make an appointment with a Thriveworks marriage counselor and rediscover the original love and friendship between you and the object of your affection. What are you waiting for? Call us today.