Tracey recently transitioned from being in a long-term relationship to being single, and the change hasn’t been easy. She misses her partner a lot and isn’t enjoying all the time she now spends by herself. While friends and family have done their best to lift her spirits, nothing changes. As the weeks drag on, what started as sadness and anxiety seems to have spiraled into depression.
After taking some time to consider, Tracey wants to talk to a psychologist. She knows that her mental health is suffering and feels open to receiving professional assistance and guidance. Even though her relationship with her partner has ended, Tracey wants to remain open to what the future holds.
Tracey’s experience may resonate with you. If it does, consider whether you could benefit from talking to a psychologist about what’s troubling you. At Thriveworks in Louisville, KY, our team of psychologists can offer you their support and insight as you navigate through the mental health challenges that lie in front of you.
What Does a Psychologist Do? Can They Help Me?
Psychologists are mental health professionals who are licensed to conduct therapy sessions and can also diagnose and treat various types of mental health disorders and conditions. Meeting with a psychologist at Thriveworks in Louisville, KY can offer you personalized mental health care. When you share your perspective, concerns, and goals with one of our psychologists, they’ll use that feedback to address your challenges and implement dynamic solutions.
Some of the common conditions or concerns that our Thriveworks psychologists in Louisville, KY can help with include:
- Difficulty processing a divorce or breakup
- Self-esteem issues
- Relationship problems
- Child or teen behavioral issues
- The loss of a friend or family member
- Financial or work-related stress
- And many other conditions and life situations
These are just a few of the many different challenging topics that our psychologists can assist you with. And don’t think that talking with a psychologist is just limited to one on one sessions—families, couples, and friends can all get the assistance they need to improve their relationships in group therapy. Counseling or therapy sessions with those to whom you’re closest may help you all to improve:
- Relationship or marital problems
- Family conflicts
- Ability to set and hold healthy boundaries
- Emotional regulation (in anger management or grief counseling)
- Communication skills and ability to compromise
Connect Virtually with Online Counseling and Therapy
If you’re looking to add convenience and flexibility to your therapy or counseling experience, there’s no better option than our online services at Thriveworks in Louisville, KY. It’s easy to find time to prioritize your mental health when you can stay connected from virtually anywhere. Online therapy and counseling might be a compelling option if you’d like to:
- Avoid any potential anxiety or embarrassment that arises for some people during in-person sessions.
- Engage with your therapist over the phone or video as you both explore the sources and effects of anxiety, sadness, relationship issues, and more.
- Meet with your therapist anywhere, as long as you have a solid internet connection and a private space to speak during your session.
Online counseling is also a great choice for those with family obligations, busy work schedules, or who frequently travel to still get access to great mental health care. Find time to process your emotions and find inner balance through virtual sessions at Thriveworks in Louisville, KY.
Schedule a Session with a Thriveworks Psychologist in Louisville, KY
Turn to our team of psychologists at Thriveworks in Louisville, KY for professional support and guidance. You can call our office to get started with the enrollment process; when you do, one of our scheduling specialists will assist you every step of the way. From finding the perfect provider to scheduling the right session time, our scheduling team makes it easy to enroll. And when you’ve finished, you’ll get access to exclusive benefits, like:
- Email access to your provider outside of sessions as needed
- Online therapy options
- The digital edition of “Leaving Depression Behind” and other electronic mental health resources
- Our Therapy Buddy app—a great way to measure your progress as you advance through therapy or psychiatric care
- Evening and weekend scheduling availability not typically offered by other providers
At Thriveworks in Louisville, KY our mental health professionals are ready to help you achieve your mental health goals. By reaching out to connect with a psychologist in person or virtually, you’ll be making a connection that can assist you with life’s ups and downs. If you’re interested in seeing what a psychologist can do for you, give us a call today.