Rashad and Daena have been together for three years, and for the most part, their relationship has been great. Sure, they’ve fought and argued like any other couple, but they’ve always been able to depend on each other for support and guidance. But recently, it’s started to feel like there’s distance between them—when they talk or are intimate, it’s like they aren’t truly connecting anymore. Daena is starting to worry that their relationship might be in trouble.
Daena doesn’t want to lose her relationship with Rashad, but she isn’t quite sure what to do. Instead of giving up, Daena plans on scheduling a session with a couples therapist about the relationship issues that they’re facing. After talking to Rashad about it, both partners have agreed—it’s time for them to take the next steps and seek professional assistance from a couples therapist.
Like Daena and Rashad, many couples experience difficult, turbulent times in their relationships. If your relationship seems to be suffering, consider whether talking to a couples therapist or marriage counselor at Thriveworks in Louisville, KY could help. With the professional guidance of one of our providers, you and your partner might be able to reconnect and engage with each other in new and healthy ways.
What Are the Benefits of Talking with a Couples Therapist or Marriage Counselor?
Opening up to a marriage counselor or couples therapist can be beneficial for any couple, regardless of how long they’ve been together. Seeking assistance from one of our providers at Thriveworks in Louisville, KY can open the door to healing and growth for both partners. One of our marriage counselors or couples therapist can team up with you and your loved one to help you:
- Establish healthy boundaries
- Highlight the importance of and need for compromise
- Rebuild trust after infidelity or dishonesty
- Rekindle sexual intimacy together
- Help both partners manage anger or anxiety
Sharing the personal details of your romantic relationship may sound intimidating at first, but the reality is that our therapists, counselors, and psychiatrists are committed to helping you improve your relationship. The feedback you provide them will increase their understanding of the unique dynamics at play between you and your partner.
Should We Talk to a Marriage Counselor or Couples Therapist?
It’s ultimately up to you and your partner to decide on whether or not to seek mental health services. Each romantic relationship is different, and couples have different expectations and standards. But with that in mind, there are several common signs that might indicate that you and your partner could benefit from talking to a marriage counselor or couples therapist, including:
- Avoiding physical touch or sex
- Passive-aggressive or abusive behavior
- Inability to respect each other’s boundaries
- Lying and other forms of emotional manipulation
- Arguments that last for hours or days
If you’re experiencing any of the signs above, don’t feel ashamed. Just know that our providers at Thriveworks in Louisville, KY can help—and they aren’t going to judge you or chastise you. It may be helpful to view mental health assistance for your relationship as a proactive way to preserve the bond that you both share.
Schedule Couples Therapy or Marriage Counseling at Thriveworks in Louisville, KY
With assistance from our providers, there’s no need to face the challenges in your relationship alone—find an ally at Thriveworks in Louisville, KY. When left unaddressed, negative dynamics can destroy our romantic relationships. Call our office today if you’re ready to reconnect with your partner. When you enroll in our services, you’ll also get access to benefits like:
- Online therapy: With online therapy, moving your relationship forward doesn’t need to be held up by your busy schedule or time spent apart for work or travel. As long as you can talk privately, and get access to the internet, you and your partner can still attend sessions together.
- 23.5-hour cancellations: If something comes up or you aren’t feeling well, rest assured that you won’t be charged for missing your session, as long as you give us a 23.5-hour notice.
- Scheduling assistance 7 days a week: Our scheduling specialists are available every day of the week, helping you find the right counselor to fit your needs and the schedule that fits both of your lives.
- Life coach Q&A chat line: For those questions that can’t wait until your next session.
If you and your partner are starting to lose steam and your connection is fading, contact our office to find a provider who can help you. With the assistance of a marriage counselor or couples therapist at Thriveworks in Louisville, KY, both you and your loved one can learn to communicate more effectively and establish new levels of trust and commitment.