Sam used to see his former counselor once a week, but he no longer has time since his sons were born. While he wants to get back into his old mental health routine, he doesn’t think his schedule will allow it. It’s beginning to wear him down, especially when his old fears resurface. Instead of taking time to check in with himself, Sam feels like he’s forced to shove his negative thoughts to the back of his mind, and they’re starting to pile up.
Sam has been doing his best to contain his emotions, but he knows he won’t be able to do so indefinitely. He definitely needs to talk to a mental health expert, and he’s hopeful that this time he’ll be able to do so electronically. Maybe Sam’s circumstance isn’t the same as yours, but if you’re reading this, it’s possible that you’re also having trouble with your mental health and don’t know where to turn. Rest assured that our team of psychologists at Thriveworks in Lincoln, NE is eager to assist you. Our professionals provide high-quality therapy and counseling services, and many are accessible to meet virtually. If you’re interested in discovering the benefits of talking with a psychologist, call our office today.
What Does a Psychologist Do? Can They Help Me?
Psychologists are mental health specialists who often hold postgraduate degrees in mental health care and research. Their goal is to support clients while they work through their problems, often assisting them in implementing coping strategies to resolve concerns. Some common concerns and challenges that our Thriveworks psychologists deal with include:
- Difficulty processing a divorce or breakup
- Self-esteem issues
- Relationship problems
- Child or teen behavioral issues
- The loss of a friend or family member
- Financial or work-related stress
Don’t be concerned if your specific issue or situation isn’t listed above–these are just a few of the many different ways that a psychologist can help. In fact, that’s why it’s so important to talk candidly with your psychologist about what’s troubling you. By doing so, they can understand your situation and needs more. With your feedback, a psychologist can help you find healing strategies that work best for you and your needs.
At Thriveworks in Lincoln, NE our psychologists can also help those with friendship, family, or relationship issues to improve their connections through group counseling sessions. Group counseling with the ones you love can help you all to improve your:
- Romantic relationships or marital problems
- Family relationships
- Ability to set and hold healthy boundaries in different scenarios
- Emotional regulation (in anger management or grief counseling)
- Communication skills and ability to compromise
Connect Virtually with Online Counseling
Our psychologists are also available virtually through online counseling, the modern choice in mental health services. Now it’s easier than ever to find time for counseling when you can connect with your provider from home, on the go, or while traveling. Additionally, online counseling may be an attractive option if you’re looking to:
- Avoid any potential anxiety or embarrassment that arises for some people during in-person sessions.
- Engage with your therapist over the phone or video as you both explore the sources and effects of anxiety, sadness, relationship issues, and more.
- Meet with your therapist anywhere, as long as you have a solid internet connection and a private space to speak during your session.
Online counseling is also a great way for those with family obligations, odd work schedules, or health-related issues to still get access to their psychologist without compromise. And for families and couples, you can receive couples or family therapy, regardless of where you all live. It’s just another way that Thriveworks in Lincoln, NE is working to prioritize your mental wellbeing.
Book a Therapy Session with a Thriveworks Psychologist in Lincoln, NE
It’s never been easier to prioritize your mental health needs with the expert advice and guidance of a psychologist at Thriveworks in Lincoln, NE. If you’re ready to work with one of our psychologists to find relief, contact our office to begin the membership process. Our scheduling team is available seven days a week to assist you, and with their aid, you can quickly set up your in-person meeting. And when you’ve finished membership, you’ll get instant access to insider benefits, including:
- Email access to your provider outside of sessions as needed
- Online therapy options
- The digital edition of “Leaving Depression Behind” and other electronic mental health resources
- Our Therapy Buddy app—a great way to measure your progress as you advance through therapy or psychiatric care
- Evening and weekend scheduling availability
Take the time to consider if you’re ready to explore new territory and find your emotional balance. With the assistance of a psychologist at Thriveworks, you can become better equipped to handle life’s ups and downs. Our psychologists can partner with you to help address and manage the mental health concerns that are most important to you.