Frankie and her boyfriend Ryan have been having difficulties talking with each other. While both of them can admit to avoiding certain things in the past, their inability to talk things through seems to be getting worse. With all the issues that stand between them, Ryan worries that Frankie is losing interest in their relationship. In order to salvage what’s left, he’s considering whether they could both benefit from talking to a couples therapist about the communication issues that they’re facing.
He decided to talk to Frankie at dinner the other evening, and asked her opinion about whether they should see a therapist or counselor. At first, Frankie was surprised to hear that her partner was interested in talking with a mental health professional. But after some thinking, Frankie feels like she agrees with Ryan—and if they want to preserve their relationship, taking proactive measures to do so seems like a good idea. They’re both on board and are eager to connect with a couples therapist to get the help they need.
Romantic relationships aren’t always a walk in the park. And sometimes, as partners, we need some extra support and assistance to find solid ground again after our relationship has veered off course. At Thriveworks in Lincoln, NE, we’d like to offer you professional guidance to help you and your partner reconnect. Talk with one of our couples therapists or relationship counselors. With their help, you and the one you love may be able to correct unhealthy dynamics and rekindle the bond you share.
Do We Need Relationship Counseling?
Relationship counseling may be a way for both you and your partner to feel more comfortable with being open with each other. Though it’s possible that some defense mechanisms that you both have developed might have been helpful at one point, sometimes our habits from the past have to change to meet the current needs of the present. Signs that you and your partner might have issues or dynamics that could be resolved through relationship counseling include:
- Arguments that escalate quickly and aren’t resolved
- Passive-aggressive behavior that inhibits communication
- Hurtful comments or actions that aren’t addressed
- Feeling emotionally distant
- Lack of interest in physical intimacy, or anxiety about sex
- Lying or manipulation
If you’ve been experiencing any of these signs, it’s possible that both of you could benefit from seeing a relationship counselor. Being open to talking with a relationship counselor can establish new ways for both of you to connect and having a third party to help you facilitate your conversation is always beneficial. A marriage counselor or couples therapist can help you both to:
- Establish healthy boundaries for communication
- Rebuild trust after infidelity or dishonesty
- Rekindle sexual intimacy
- Regulate their anger or stress
- Highlight the importance and need for compromise in their relationship
See a Marriage or Relationship Counselor in Lincoln, NE
Talk to a marriage counselor or couples therapist at Thriveworks in Lincoln, NE to receive the help and guidance your relationship needs to move forward. There are always difficulties to be encountered in any relationship, and our romantic bonds are worth taking extra steps to preserve. Call our office today to enroll—our scheduling specialists will be here to help you find the right session time and counselor or therapist to fit your needs.
Enrolling in our services will open the door to our exclusive, industry-leading benefits, including:
- Online therapy: You and your partner might travel or work frequently; you might not even be living together at present. That’s why online therapy is such a great tool. Don’t let physical distance keep you and the one you love apart. Attending an online session just requires solid internet and somewhere private to talk with your counselor and partner
- Same day booking and cancellations: Don’t pay extra for missing your appointment, and get the flexibility to book when you need it most.
- Life coach Q&A chat: Don’t wait in-between sessions for expert advice. Reach out to a Thriveworks life coach for valuable advice and information with our Q/A chat line.
- Scheduling assistance 7 days a week: Our scheduling specialists are available every day of the week, helping you find the right counselor to fit your needs and the schedule that fits both of your lives.
There’s no need to face the negative issues or dynamics that are at play in your relationship by yourselves. At Thriveworks in Lincoln, NE our team of mental health professionals can provide their support through marriage counseling or couples therapy.