When was the last time you checked in with yourself mentally? Today? Last week? Last month? Last year?
While we don’t always open up about how we’re feeling, we do all experience a range of emotions on a weekly or even daily basis. Maybe a coworker put the blame on you for a project they didn’t finish. Maybe you’re waiting for your partner to get dinner with you later so you can talk about why you’ve been bickering a lot more recently.
The takeaway is that we all encounter emotional struggles and mental health challenges that negatively affect our wellbeing. Fortunately, we’re able to learn how to manage these difficult emotions and situations to preserve our mental wellbeing.
Ask yourself how you’re really doing. Is there anything you’d like to change, improve on, or overcome? Counselors, therapists, and psychologists all have unique skills, training, and experience to help people with all of these problems.
If you’re tired of sweeping your emotions under the rug and pushing your mental wellbeing aside, consider working with an online counselor at Thriveworks Counseling in Kansas City, MO. Our providers can help you work through many of your life issues, all from the comfort and convenience of your own home. When you’re ready to get started, just give our office a call.
How Does Online Counseling Work?
If you’re familiar with traditional in-person therapy, online counseling isn’t that much different. Here at Thriveworks Counseling in Kansas City, we offer two main types of online or virtual counseling. Both options are proven to be effective, but some of our clients have strong preferences for one or the other. Here’s a little more information about each:
- Telephone Counseling: In telephone counseling, you simply work with your counselor over the phone. It’s as easy as that! Your Thriveworks counselor will call you at the time of your scheduled appointment.
- Video Counseling: Video counseling is also exactly like it sounds. You’ll talk to your Thriveworks counselor in a secure video chat room. You will receive a link to the video chat room that you’ll click on at the time of your appointment.
Video counseling offers the face-to-face familiarity of in-person counseling if that’s what is most comfortable to you. On the other hand, telephone counseling offers greater anonymity if that’s what you’re looking for. Either way, our counselors are happy to work with your needs and start helping you on your mental health journey.
Online Counseling Services
As we briefly touched on earlier, online counseling at Thriveworks in Kansas City covers a multitude of areas. From mental illnesses to life coaching help, we have you covered. Your Thriveworks counselor will work with you to identify the factors that play into the challenges you’re facing to create a plan of action that is custom to you.
Some of the areas we help our clients include:
- Depression therapy
- Anxiety therapy
- Life coaching
- Grief and loss counseling
- Marriage counseling
- Couples therapy
- Trauma therapy
- Child therapy
- Family therapy
- Career coaching
Regardless of the problem you’re having, one of our counselors can provide you with the guidance and support you need. Our goal is to provide you with the most comprehensive care so you can live the life you want.
The Benefits of Online Counseling
Online counseling has a wide variety of benefits. To name a few, the added benefits include:
- Comfortability: One of the greatest perks is how comfortable online therapy is. Some people may feel pressure when sitting in a room with their therapist for the first time. You might feel nervous or awkward. Online therapy takes away that traditional in-person aspect and allows some of our clients to open up quicker than they would otherwise.
- Convenience: You can have your appointment virtually anywhere! In your car on the way home, during your lunch break, after dinner, curled up on your couch, and more.
- Effectiveness: Some might think that online counseling would be less effective than in-person counseling. However, that’s not the case. You can make the same meaningful progress over the phone or via video as you would sitting in an office.
Additional benefits like affordability and flexible scheduling options are also perks that our clients enjoy. Once you start online counseling, you’ll understand the leaps and bounds you can make in your mental health journey.
Schedule an Online Counseling Session at Thriveworks in Kansas City, MO
To get started with one of our trusted mental health professionals, give our office a call or book your session yourself using the booking system on this page! Here at Thriveworks in Kansas City, we pride ourselves on providing you with accessible, uplifting mental health care. Starting this journey is a smart decision.
We look forward to hearing from you. Let us help you thrive.