Damian and his older sister haven’t gotten along for several years. They’d been closer when Damian was younger, but have gradually drifted apart, especially now that they have families of their own. As siblings, they’ve had their fair share of fights, but nothing significant. In fact, Damian is realizing that because of their age gap, he and his sister simply don’t know how to talk to one another.
But Damian wants to move forward: He’s planning to schedule a family therapy session for himself and his sister. Damian hopes that with the guidance and mediation skills of a family counselor, both he and his sister can learn to understand each other and communicate more efficiently. While it could take some time before they’re comfortable opening up once more, Damian hopes that their family counselor will help them re-establish their bond.
Family life isn’t easy—while our family ties are often the first and closest relationships that we share with others, they can be complicated and harmful when dynamics turn negative. If relationships between members of your family have started to become dysfunctional, call Thriveworks in Evergreen Park, IL. We’ll help connect you with a family counselor who’s committed to helping you and your relatives reconnect.
Does Our Family Need a Family Counselor?
It’s common for families to wonder if they need to see a family counselor to resolve their issues. Deciding to seek out a family counselor is an independent decision that your family will decide on your own, since seeking professional assistance is about wanting the support and guidance of a family counselor. With that in mind though, there are universal indications of negative dynamics in your home and family life to watch out for, including:
- Unruly behavioral issues in children or teens
- Persistent anxiety over financial issues or relationship difficulties
- Physical or verbal abuse
- Undiagnosed mental health conditions or disorders
- Alcohol or drug addiction
- Feelings of resentment or hostility
Your personal situation may vary, but rest assured that our family counselors are committed to helping your family move forward. They’ll partner with you, to help each family member learn to communicate and empathize, while they mediate and guide each session’s dialogue. Our providers are committed to helping you all find common ground through better communication, empathy, and emotional regulation. Call Thriveworks in Evergreen Park, IL to discover the difference that family therapy could make in your life.
How Can Family Counseling Help Us?
Any family, regardless of their current situation or counseling experience, can benefit from connecting with one of our providers. Our family counselors can help you and your loved ones by:
- Creating and promoting newfound respect for personal boundaries and healthy communication
- Providing assistance as you engage in balanced dialogue and candid discussion
- Offering encouragement and mediating conversations between relatives, enabling you to empathize and compromise with one another respectfully
- Helping you all start to implement coping methods and communication strategies that defuse tense situations
- Working through mental health conditions with family members to find new emotional balance and well-being
To offer you added comfort and convenience, you can choose to schedule family counseling virtually with Thriveworks in Evergreen Park, IL. Make prioritizing your family’s needs a little easier: Even if relatives don’t live together or nearby, they can still engage with a family counselor simultaneously. As long as everyone has reliable internet and somewhere private to talk, you’re set.
Schedule Family Counseling at Thriveworks in Evergreen Park, IL Today
When your family is ready to start moving forward with the help of a family counselor at Thriveworks in Evergreen Park, IL, call our office to enroll with the assistance of our scheduling specialists. Each step of the enrollment process with their high-touch support and guidance. Plus, choosing to enroll in our services means more benefits for you as a client, granting access to exclusive perks, including:
- Our Q&A ask-a-coach chat: for questions that can’t wait till the next session
- Scheduling assistance from our specialists, 7 days a week
- 23.5-hour cancellation policy—call 23.5 hours ahead of your session to cancel, penalty-free
- Weekend and evening session availability for added flexibility
- Email contact with your provider in-between sessions as needed
Choosing to seek family counseling with Thriveworks in Evergreen Park, IL is a proactive step toward building a better home life and fostering healthier connections between your loved ones. Though it’s never easy to navigate turmoil in our familial relationships, mental health professionals like our family counselors can offer hope and guidance when times are tough. You can turn to Thriveworks for support when it’s needed—any family can benefit from talking to one of our experienced providers. Call our office in Evergreen Park, IL today to see how family counseling could improve your home life.