The great writer Charles Dickens once stated, “A loving heart is the truest wisdom.” Through loving another person, we can also discover deep truths about our own psychology, and about human nature in general. Loving someone can be an incredible journey, even when it breaks your heart. But conflicts and arguments with the people you love don’t have to be so hard. With the proper guidance and professional support, you can more quickly transcend the occasional pain of intimacy and reach a place of wisdom faster.
The licensed couples therapists and marriage counselors at Thriveworks in Corpus Christi, TX have the objective perspective and insights required to smooth the way for emotional growth in relationships. Thriveworks marriage therapists are known for their compassion, psychological expertise, and emotional acuity. They can help any couple find their way to truth and honesty.
Why Should You Go to Couples Therapy or Marriage Counseling?
The possible motivations for seeking out a couples therapist at Thriveworks are pretty much endless. There are more potential reasons for seeing a marriage counselor than there are couples in Corpus Christi, TX. Possible motives include:
- I want to feel like we’re friends again.
- I want my kids to grow up witnessing a healthy relationship.
- I want to get our spark back.
- I want to stop fighting.
- I’m thinking about divorce but first I want to be sure we can’t salvage our relationship.
- I want to stop feeling so angry.
- I want to stop being blamed for everything.
- I want to start trusting him/her again, or be trusted again.
- I want to feel appreciated.
- I want to reconnect sexually.
- I don’t feel safe having an honest conversation without a mediator.
- I want him/her to be more emotionally available.
- We need help healing after a death or trauma.
What Kind of Couples Can Relationship Therapists Help?
Couples therapists and marriage counselors at Thriveworks in Corpus Christi, TX can help any kind of married couple, domestic partnership, or set of significant others. Some of our counselors have vast experience addressing the unique issues of the following kinds of couples:
- LGBTQ relationships
- Christian couples
- Interracial marriages
- Multicultural marriages
- Engaged couples who seek premarital counseling
But the short answer to the question of what kinds of couples Thriveworks can help is that we can help anyone who’s not ready to give up. As long as there’s still a spark of love or friendship or loyalty, marriage counselors at Thriveworks can step in to support a couple’s rebirth. Or a Thriveworks therapist can see a couple for regular maintenance. Many enduring, happy celebrity couples like the following have spoken out about their positive experiences with marriage counseling:
- Barack and Michelle Obama
- Pink and Carey Hart
- Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard
- Will and Jada Pinkett Smith
- Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott
What If My Spouse Doesn’t Want to See a Marriage Counselor?
If your significant other is reluctant to seek couples therapy or marriage counseling with you at Thriveworks in Corpus Christi, TX, you can gently try some of the following arguments.
If they think you two should be able to fix things without outside, professional help, or that therapy is a sign of weakness, then you answer:
- It actually requires a lot of strength and bravery to ask for help. We’re both super complex, sensitive, unique people. Of course we’re going to butt heads and misunderstand each other sometimes. We can save ourselves a lot of time and grief by enlisting the expert guidance of a professional.
If they think the counselor will just take your side, you can answer:
- Couples therapists are trained to seek out and understand each person’s perspectives. Their objective isn’t to assign blame, but to bring you closer together.
If they think you can’t afford couples therapy, you can say:
- The licensed marriage therapists at Thriveworks accept most health insurance so you don’t have to worry about high out-of-pockets costs. And we can’t afford not to get the help we need.
If they think that once you two start marriage counseling, you’ll have to do it forever, you can say:
- Couples therapy is usually effective in fewer than 12 sessions because it’s very solution-focused.
If they say they don’t have time for therapy, you can answer:
- The marriage counselors at Thriveworks can meet with us online via secure, private, telehealth video conferencing software. We can schedule our online counseling sessions for an evening or weekend when you’re not stressed about work.
Get Professional Marriage Support with a Licensed Couples Therapist at Thriveworks in Corpus Christi, TX
The licensed marriage and family therapists (LMFTs) at Thriveworks in Corpus Christi, TX are available to help you and your spouse meet your couple goals. Call our office today and you can be in your first session with your exceptional counselor within 24-48 hours. You’ll also receive additional, exclusive enrollment benefits as well. Contact us to find out how you can get started at Thriveworks right away.