Work With a Thriveworks Psychologist in Charlottesville, VA
The truth is, we all struggle with our own mental health challenges from time to time. Some are more urgent, like mental illness, whereas others are milder like stress from work or arguing with a loved one. Consider these scenarios:
- On your way to work this morning, you were cut off in traffic by someone merging onto the exit at the last minute. You had to slam on your brakes, causing the person behind you to almost hit your car. It made you very angry and ruined the rest of your day.
- You and your partner have been arguing a lot more recently. You feel like they just can’t see your side of things and it’s making you frustrated. You’re trying everything just to stay afloat.
- You receive a call from your mom that your grandma has passed away. Immediately, your stomach drops. It can’t be true.
Mental health professionals, such as psychologists, are highly trained and dedicated to helping people work through their unique problems. If you’re going through a difficult time or just need some extra guidance, a psychologist at Thriveworks Counseling in Charlottesville, VA can be the answer you’ve been looking for.
They will work with you to understand your needs and goals for treatment and help you live a happier, more successful life. If you think you could benefit from talking to a psychologist, consider reaching out to Thriveworks. We’re excited to meet with you and accompany you on your journey!
Can I Benefit From Working With a Psychologist?
The short answer is yes! A psychologist can help you identify your symptoms, offer a diagnosis, and develop a treatment plan that is tailored to fit your needs. This can be applied to almost any area of mental health. A psychologist can:
- Help you overcome past trauma and difficult emotions: Have you ever witnessed something traumatic, been in an abusive relationship, gone through a natural disaster? All of these events can prove traumatic. Your Thriveworks psychologist can help you address that underlying psychological trauma and offer guidance and support to help you cope moving forward.
- Provide guidance during major life transitions: Major life changes can be hard for anyone. For example, when we start a new job, move to a new city, or go through a divorce. In any case, a psychologist at Thriveworks in XXXXXX can help you adjust properly. It’s okay to feel lonely, scared, and worried about the unknown during this time. But our psychologists will help you through it.
- Assist you in overcoming relationship issues: Every couple is bound to get into arguments, fights, disagreements. Sometimes it can be really hard to get through these tough spots without a third party’s unbiased perspective. Psychologists can help you work through these challenges and provide a safe space to open up and talk freely about what’s going on.
- Guide you through the grieving process: Like we briefly described before, when we find out about a major loss, it can be devastating. Whether you’re coping with the passing of a beloved friend, family member, or pet, or the loss of a job or home, psychologists have the expertise and experience to guide you through the stages of grief.
This list represents a few of the challenges that our psychologists can help you with. If you are struggling or suffering in any way, we want to do what we can to assist you. Our psychologists will create unique treatment plans for you and offer you a judgment-free, safe space to talk and open up.
Schedule a Session with a Psychologist at Thriveworks Counseling in Charlottesville, VA
If you’re ready to make meaningful changes in your life and prioritize your mental health and wellbeing, take the first step towards getting help.
At Thriveworks in Charlottesville, we believe in accessible mental health care. That’s why we offer our clients competitive benefits such as online counseling, same- and next-day appointments, no waitlist, exceptional client care, evening and weekend appointments, and flexible cancellations. To get started, simply give our office a call.
We look forward to hearing from you!