Bedford, NH Depression Counseling—Difficult Emotions Help
You’ve probably had your fair share of stressful situations, tough emotions, and other mental health challenges. They happen to everyone. However, when the issues you are having become too big to handle on your own, it might be time to ask for help. Consider the following scenarios:
- Your grandma passed away a few months ago and you thought you had come to terms with it. That was, however, until a photo memory popped up on your phone which caused you to spiral into a depressive mood.
- Your house is a mess and you work such long hours that the thought of coming home to clean stresses you out. All you ever want to do is just go to sleep and block out all of your problems.
- After a few missed calls, your best friend notices that you’ve stopped making an effort to hang out with her in your free time. You keep meaning to call her back, but she knows something else is wrong, even if you don’t.
Depression is a mental disorder that makes you feel like it doesn’t matter what you have going on and you should just do nothing instead. It can feel like your personality has been sucked right out of you. When you’re struggling with persistent depressive thoughts and feelings, the best thing you can do is reach out for help.
The depression counselors at Thriveworks Counseling in Bedford, NH have the training, education, and experience in the treatment of depression. Whether you’ve been experiencing challenging thoughts and feelings for a few weeks or a few months, it’s important to take the next step in bettering your mental wellbeing.
Not treating depression can result in extended unwanted signs and symptoms. If you’re considering working with a depression counselor, consider giving our office a call today.
What Causes Depression?
Depression can be caused by a variety of events and even runs in families. Depression also does not only affect a certain group of people. Sadly, there is no one specific reason that people develop depressive feelings.
Sometimes it can be obvious, like losing a job or a loved one, and other times it can come from a variety of factors like going through a breakup, being stressed about school, arguing with a loved one, and dealing with the changing seasons. This mood disorder can also come and go.
Symptoms of Depression: What Are They?
The type of depression you have and the way it affects you can be completely different than the feelings of depression your friend experiences. Depression is most often associated with feelings of sadness, but there are a number of other physical and emotional symptoms that someone can feel. Some of those symptoms are:
- Feelings of guilt
- Suicidal thoughts or actions
- Persistent fatigue
- Difficulty falling asleep or difficulty waking up
- Loss of appetite
- Difficulty making decisions
- Unexplainable aches and pains that don’t lessen with treatment
- Loss of interest in hobbies
- Substance abuse
- Decreased libido
Dealing with these symptoms on your own can be extremely hard. At Thriveworks Counseling in Bedford, our depression counselors and therapists have helped countless clients identify the root cause of their depression and how to move forward. They are ready to help you, too. Counseling is the key to living a happier, less stressful life.
Types of Depression and Treatment
Major depressive disorder, minor depressive disorder, and post traumatic stress disorder are all different forms of depression. A lot of the time they present similarly, but the root cause of them can differ. Your Thriveworks counselor can help get to the bottom of what you’re experiencing to offer you support and guidance in coping and managing your mental illness.
Some different therapy-based ways to combat depression include cognitive behavioral therapy, talk therapy, narrative therapy, family therapy, and more. Non-therapy-based ways to combat your depression can include:
- Prioritizing exercise to release endorphins in your brain
- Getting a good night’s sleep
- Spending time with friends and loved ones who make you happy
- Relaxing in the sun either by going on a walk or sitting at a local park
There are so many different things you can do to combat your depression day to day. Your counselor will be able to provide you with additional activities that they think might best help you.
Work with a Depression Counselor at Thriveworks Counseling in Bedford, NH
When you feel isolated and think you don’t have anyone to turn to who understands what you’re going through, reach out for a helping hand at Thriveworks. Our team of therapists is dedicated to providing client-focused care with your needs in mind. We believe the best client care starts with compassion.
To work with one of our anxiety and depression therapists, visit our online booking portal or give us a call and one of our scheduling specialists will assist you. We offer our clients added benefits including flexible scheduling options, no waitlist, access to exclusive self-help content, and online counseling options.
You can live the life you want. All you have to do is reach out. We look forward to helping you.