Find a Therapist at Thriveworks Counseling Topeka
You’ve decided to make a big change. Maybe you’ve decided to take on a new challenge. You can imagine the goal and see the results in your mind’s eye. Your struggle is getting there.
If you’ve ever decided to make a big change and pursued a new goal, you know how difficult it can be. Sometimes, no matter how many goals you set or how many plans you make, you just can’t seem to get off the starting blocks.
If this describes you, it may be time to consider reaching out for help. A life coach might be just the solution you need to get onto the path to success. An experienced Topeka life coach can help.
How Life Coaching Can Help
When you think of setting goals or taking on new challenges, you might not immediately think of a life coach. The fact is that you don’t have to have emotional problems or tragic circumstances to seek support through counseling or life coaching. Sometimes you simply need someone who can partner with you on your journey.
- Life coaches are experts helping people with making meaningful changes in their lives. They do it by:
- Helping you clearly define clarify your goals
- Helping you knock down the barriers that keep you from progressing
- Helping you develop an action plan that systematically moves you towards your ultimate goal
- Offering guidance and help to explore alternatives
- Acting as a guide, a mentor and a cheerleader
Most importantly, a coach is an accountability partner. Your coach is there to keep you focused and on target when your energy and focus wane. This accountability can help you stay motivated and on track to success.
The idea of life coaching may be uncomfortable or even a bit fear-provoking. If you’ve never had a coach or known anyone who has, you may have some preconceived notions about what life coaching are all about. You may have images of your high school coach yelling at you or benching you. You may worry you will be judged.
At Thriveworks Counseling Topeka, our experienced life coaches understand your worries and fears. From your first contact, we will work to earn your trust and help you to feel comfortable taking this important step towards success and happiness.
Reasons to Talk to a Therapist or Counselor
You may be wondering therapy or counseling could help with your problem. Sometimes you have the answer within, but you need an opportunity to talk about it. Therapeutic insights can help guide you to the answers. People seek the help of a mental health professional for lots of different reasons:
- Making a major life change like starting a business or pursuing a passion
- Job or career coaching
- Improving a family or romantic relationship
- Improving goal setting skills
- Improving study skills or academic success
- Pursuing health and wellness goals
- Managing a mental health condition
- Learning healthier coping skills
You may not even be sure what your exact struggle is. You just know you’re not at your best, off your game and find yourself struggling to get on track. A licensed mental health provider at Thriveworks Counseling Topeka can help you sort it out and make a plan that works for you.
What Mental Health Services Are Offered at Thriveworks Counseling Topeka?
Here’s a list of the main mental health services offered at Thriveworks Counseling Topeka:
- Individual counseling
- Couples therapy and marriage counseling
- Family counseling and family therapy
- Child therapy and teen counseling
Through therapy and counseling services, we help with a range of mental health conditions and other challenges, including:
- Eating disorders
- LGBTQ+ issues
- Relationship problems
- Sexual abuse/issues
- Sleep problems
Our providers — from family therapists and counselors to clinical psychologists — specialize in a range of counseling approaches, but they’ll cater your treatment to your unique preferences and needs. They might utilize:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT)
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Strength-based counseling
- Solution-focused therapy
- Christian counseling
- Emotionally-focused therapy
- Family systems
- Motivational interviewing
Take the First Step and Schedule a Therapy Session at Thriveworks Counseling Topeka
Choosing to see a mental health professional may be the first step on your path to improved well-being. At Thriveworks Counseling Topeka, we know that you have many choices for counseling and therapy. We will work hard to earn your respect and your trust from your very first call. Appointments are available now and we can generally pair you with a provider within 24-48 hours. We also accept major forms of health insurance coverage and offer in-person as well as online therapy sessions. We look forward to helping you live your best life! Call today.
Where Is Thriveworks Counseling Topeka Located?
Thriveworks Counseling Topeka is located at 120 SE 6th Ave Suite 4-116, Topeka, KS 66603 in downtown Topeka between S. Kansas Ave and SE Monroe St.
If you have trouble finding our office or have any questions about how to get here, please don’t hesitate to reach out!