There are so many things in our hectic lives that can keep us from working with a mental health provider. Maybe your work schedule is full, you’re raising children, or there isn’t a mental healthcare office near your house. If this describes your experience, you may benefit from remote counseling appointments.
Traditionally, therapists and counselors work with their clients in a face-to-face setting. But the internet has changed the way that high-quality mental health care can be delivered. Online therapy or counseling lets you work with a licensed professional without having to leave your house. You get access to the same standard of care that you’d receive from traditional therapy, but with added convenience and flexibility.
If the stresses of modern life have been keeping you from working with a mental health professional, remote therapy appointments may be right for you. Consider working with a licensed professional from Thriveworks Counseling in St. Charles, MO to help you reach your mental health goals. Call our office today to get started.
Types of Therapy Delivered Online
Most therapeutic methods involve an open dialogue between a licensed mental health professional and their client. As a result, traditional, face-to-face therapy sessions often translate very well to a remote environment.
There are many types of mental health services offered online, including:
- Marriage and family therapy
- Anxiety, panic disorder, and phobia therapy
- Depression therapy
- Couples counseling
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Addiction and substance abuse counseling
- Life coaching
- Career coaching
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
The therapeutic process for online therapy is very similar to traditional therapy. You’ll meet with your licensed mental health counselor or therapist to discuss your concerns. Your provider will create a personalized treatment plan that takes your needs and preferences into consideration. This plan will guide future sessions and help you reach your mental health goals.
Do you want to work with one of our licensed therapists or counselors? If so, call our office today at Thriveworks counseling in St. Charles, MO to set up a remote appointment.
Online Therapy: What To Expect
Online therapy can be much more flexible and convenient than in-person therapy. After all, finding time for counseling is often easier when you don’t have to drive to a provider’s office. Choosing your own space for therapy also has its own benefits, giving you the opportunity to be as comfortable as possible to help you make progress more quickly.
You have two main choices when it comes to remote therapy services at Thriveworks — sessions over phone calls or video chats. Both options are great depending on your needs and comfort level.
Here are some of the benefits of each:
- Phone calls: Receiving therapeutic treatment over the phone is a great option for some people. You might be nervous about the thought of speaking with a mental health provider — if so, working with a therapist or counselor over the phone can help you focus on the conversation and open up to your provider more easily. If you decide to work with a provider over the phone, you’ll receive a call when it’s time for your appointment to start.
- Video chats: Video chats are great for people who prefer face-to-face interactions. Therapy or counseling is at its best when you feel comfortable, open, and honest with your provider. Making a personal connection can help you make more progress during each session. If you decide to work with your counselor over a video chat, you’ll receive a link to the session before it’s scheduled to start.
No matter which option you choose, Thriveworks Counseling in St. Charles, MO has convenient online services that can help you fit mental health care into your schedule. Call our office to get set up with your first appointment today.
Online Therapists and Counselors Available at Thriveworks in St. Charles, MO
Our hectic lives can make it difficult to find time for mental health care. If you’ve been thinking about therapy and want to take the next step, call our office at Thriveworks in St. Charles, MO today. Someone from our team can help you find a time that works for you.
Thriveworks offers benefits that you won’t find at other mental health practices. We offer evening and weekend appointments, flexible 23.5-hour cancellations, and access to providers between sessions via email and phone. We also offer text message support for billing and scheduling questions.
Plus, easy-to-schedule online counseling appointments make it simple to get started with mental health care. Our new clients can often work with a professional as soon as a day or two after calling. We also accept most major health insurance plans and offer clients access to our proprietary mobile app, Therapy Buddy.
We want you to know that you aren’t alone in your mental health journey. Working with a professional from Thriveworks Counseling in St. Charles, MO can help you take the next step. We can’t wait to help you thrive.