St. Petersburg Psychiatry—Psychiatrists in Florida
Ralu and Melissa are new parents. Their son is healthy and isn’t experiencing any problems. However, Melissa constantly worries about him and checks obsessively to make sure he’s okay. Ralu tries to comfort her and assure her that he’s okay but it doesn’t bring Melissa any comfort.
Her mind constantly races:
- I just put the baby down for a nap and I made sure he was on his back. But what if he turned over?
- What if Ralu has to use the bathroom while I’m showering and the baby starts crying?
- The car seat was locked in place when I left the house but what if I didn’t check it well enough and we get into an accident?
- I wonder if he’s eating enough. Am I producing enough milk?
Melissa breaks into tears trying to explain how overwhelmed she feels. Ralu and Melissa decide that it would be a good idea for her to talk to a professional. She agrees and a psychiatrist starts to work with her on her postpartum anxiety.
Psychiatrists help people like Melissa every day. Challenges arise that cause us to struggle mentally, emotionally, and physically. It’s not uncommon to not be able to manage those difficult emotions on our own. Psychiatric care can serve as the help and support that we need.
Thriveworks Counseling in St. Petersburg, FL has a team of psychiatrists who are ready to help you. These medical professionals have a special skillset to treat anxiety, depression, and a range of other mental illnesses. We are committed to helping you make positive changes in your life. Call to schedule your appointment today.
Psychiatric Care: Can I Find Benefits in it?
Think back to these past few weeks, months, even years. Have you been struggling with anything like low self-esteem, substance abuse, inability to focus, trauma, or any other mentally taxing challenge? If so, you could likely benefit from a professional’s help.
Psychiatrists specialize in fields like child and adolescent psychiatry, geriatric psychiatry, forensic psychiatry, and addiction psychiatry. They have gone through extensive training, schooling, and even fellowship programs to become medical professionals in these fields. This enables them to treat mental disorders, such as:
- Bipolar disorder
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa
- Social anxiety disorder
- Major and minor depressive disorders
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Panic disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Narcissistic personality disorder
When Should You Talk to a Psychiatrist?
There is no “right time” to decide to work with a psychiatrist. As soon as you begin to experience a challenge, setback, or difficulty, it might be best to seek professional help. There are many signs and symptoms to be on the lookout for if you think you or a loved one should talk to a mental health professional.
Sometimes the symptoms you experience can overlap between different disorders. That’s why working with a Thriveworks psychiatrist is essential for receiving an accurate diagnosis. Some symptoms, for example, are as follows:
- Substance abuse or addiction
- Thoughts of hurting other people or yourself
- Anxiety, worry, and fear
- Difficulty concentrating, paying attention, or remembering things
- Suicidal thoughts
- Experiencing hallucinations or delusions
- Obsessively thinking
- Difficulty adjusting after major life changes, stress, or loss
Medication management, psychotherapy, and other forms of treatment could be used during your time at Thriveworks. Your provider will work with you to ensure the best treatment plan is put in place for you and your specific needs and goals.
Why Choose to Work With an Online Psychiatrist at Thriveworks?
Have you ever tried to schedule an appointment with a mental health provider but they had an extensive waiting list? Have you ever tried to schedule a weekend appointment but there weren’t any available? We’re happy to tell you that at Thriveworks, we do not operate with a waiting list and we offer flexible scheduling options, including appointments on the weekends.
We offer our clients competitive benefits such as:
- Online video sessions and telephone sessions
- Comprehensive treatment plans
- No waitlist
- Same- and next-day appointments
- Evening and weekend availability
- Access to exclusive video content and e-books
- Access to your provider between sessions as needed
We only work with the best counselors, therapists, psychologists, and psychiatrists at Thriveworks. If you think you could benefit from starting your mental health journey with us, we’re ready to get started.
Find an online psychiatrist in Florida by clicking here or calling one of our offices. Our psychiatry appointments are mainly online so you can schedule an appointment at any of our locations. However, we do recommend calling the office that is nearest to you:
Thriveworks in Boca Raton: (561) 285-3503
Thriveworks in Fort Lauderdale: (754) 400-5514
Thriveworks in Jacksonville: (904) 507-6712
Thriveworks in Jacksonville (West): (904) 567-7203
Thriveworks in Maitland: (407) 979-4651
Thriveworks in Orlando: (407) 358-6012
Thriveworks in Tampa: (813) 473-4663
Thriveworks in West Palm Beach: (561) 536-5293