Online Counseling in North Little Rock, AR—Online Counselors, Therapists, and Coaches
We all encounter obstacles that feel insurmountable. Maybe it’s a career that is stagnant, a failing marriage, or the exhausting struggle to get out of bed. Whatever you are facing, Thriveworks North Little Rock, AR wants to guide and support you through it. Counseling can help you find more fulfillment in work, make powerful changes in your relationships, and manage symptoms characteristic of a mental illness like depression.
“Therapy is not about having someone take control of your life or ‘feeling good’, therapy is about learning to take control of your life and making changes.” – Nathan Driskoll
At Thriveworks North Little Rock, we help you take control of your life again through supportive, empathetic counseling. We offer the convenient option of online counseling so you can work with a professional counselor from the comfort and safety of home. If you’re ready to take the next step towards a happy, healthy future—one you’re excited for—call (501) 628-9066 to schedule online counseling.
How Does Video and Telephone Counseling Work?
Online counseling is highly accessible and surprisingly low-tech! To meet with your counselor online, you’ll simply talk with them in a video chat or a phone call.
In video counseling, you’ll be a sent an easy link to follow before the counseling session. Then, at the scheduled time of your appointment, you’ll visit the link and talk to your counselor in the videoconference. With phone counseling, your counselor will call you at the scheduled time. The only big difference here is they can’t see you and you can’t see them.
Some people worry that telehealth counseling is less effective than face-to-face counseling, but research has shown the opposite to be true. For many people, online counseling proves less stressful than seeing a counselor in person. Without this extra layer of anxiety, a healthy counselor-client relationship can be established quicker and therapy progress more quickly.
Who Can Benefit from Online Counseling?
Online Counseling has the potential to help anyone seeking mental health help. Phone or video counseling can prove invaluable. Some situations in which online counseling therapy might be necessary include:
- If you live in a small town and there are no qualified or experienced counselors nearby. Online counseling allows you to find the best possible counselor for your specific needs. For example, if you want a female counselor who specializes in trauma therapy, or a male counselor who treats members of the LGBTQ community, online counseling can help you find this individual.
- If weather is uncertain or the drive to a counselor’s office takes up too much time. Online counseling with Thriveworks North Little Rock can save you valuable time driving to and from a counseling office, and it removes external factors that can get in your way of attending therapy such as the uncertainty of bad weather.
- If your schedule is constantly changing or full. Online counseling is great for those with tight schedules. You can go from a business call to a counseling call in less time than it takes to heat up another cup of coffee!
In telehealth counseling at Thriveworks North Little Rock, your counselor will create an individualized treatment plan for you that meets your specific needs and goals for counseling. Additionally, Thriveworks North Little Rock will make sure you feel comfortable in your online counseling sessions and are ready to make important progress toward better living.
Why Should I Try Online Counseling?
Counseling itself is an effective means to improving overall life satisfaction and mental health. Does that change when the modality is switched to online? Research says no! Online counseling is just as effective (and in some cases more effective) than face-to-face counseling. Here’s why:
- It’s Convenient: When you don’t have to drive to a counseling office, you don’t have to schedule your day around your appointment. Counseling becomes a seamless part of your day.
- It’s Comfortable: Honestly, you could still be in your pajamas and we wouldn’t care! Your counselor wants you to be comfortable during your therapy session.
- It’s Affordable: Many insurances cover online counseling just as they do in-person counseling. Thriveworks North Little Rock online therapy is covered by many insurance companies. We also offer an affordable self-pay. Give us a call if you have any questions about either option.
- It’s Safe: We take all the necessary steps to ensure your counseling session is confidential. For some, online counseling gives them the subtlety they need to feel unjudged for attending counseling.
- It’s Flexible: Cancellations, bad weather, reschedules, it’s all easier with online counseling.
- It’s Reliable: Sometimes traffic is bad, and you get held up. Sometimes the babysitter calls in sick and you have to watch the kids. Life is unpredictable. Online counseling offers reliability, as you can more easily attend and schedule a session.
- It Can Be Easier to Open Up: Some people find that it’s easier to open up via telephone or video chat. This allows counseling to be more effective or for you to progress more quickly.
These are just a few of the reasons why online counseling is beneficial. It’s different for everyone, so it’s important to find what works best for you. Thriveworks North Little Rock is here to help you explore online counseling and find the right therapy option for you.
Work with an Online Counselor at Thriveworks North Little Rock, AR
If you’re curious about online counseling and want to schedule and appointment with one of our caring, professional counselors, give us a call today at (501) 628-9066. Online therapy is convenient, dependable, and effective. We’re looking forward to hearing from you soon!