Paul loves living and working on a rural, organic farm, but he hates having to drive long distances to the pharmacy and grocery store, so he tends to consolidate all his errands into one trip a week. When he and his long-term girlfriend break up and he finds himself struggling emotionally, Paul doesn’t think therapy is an option. The best mental health clinics are too far away and he doesn’t have time to devote to yet another long-distance errand, even if he knows he could benefit from counseling. What is Paul supposed to do?
Today’s mental health providers know that it’s not always convenient to visit an office or clinic in-person. But times are changing. Modern technology has met the challenges of working remotely, and it has also met the privacy and security concerns of counseling remotely. Booking a session with an exceptional online counselor at Thriveworks in Modesto, CA is a convenient way to reap the rewards of talking to a mental health expert without having to disrupt your daily routine significantly. Paul figured out how to seamlessly integrate online counseling into his life, and now you can, too.
Common Excuses for Not Seeking Help from a Therapist
We humans tend to procrastinate and/or make all kinds of excuses when we want to avoid doing something. And let’s face it: going to therapy for the first time can seem intimidating. Attending in-person therapy sessions can also be legitimately prohibitive for many busy people. But in the era of telehealth and online counseling, these common challenge can be resolved. Consider the following roadblocks and how telehealth can help:
- Traveling to my therapy appointments takes too much time out of my busy schedule.
- Not when your counselor can meet with you online! You don’t even have to leave your couch to get top-rated mental health care from Thriveworks in Modesto, CA. And a counselor can work with your schedule to find a time that suits both of you, even if it’s an evening or weekend.
- My family members need to see a family therapist together, but it’s too hard to get us all in one place at the same time.
- It’s not as hard to schedule family or marriage counseling sessions when you can all be in different places. You and your loved ones can be on opposite sides of the continent and still have therapy together. You just need a smartphone or computer and an internet connection.
- Therapy is too expensive. I can’t afford it.
- Chances are you can afford therapy. Online counseling is healthcare, and most medical insurance will cover it. Plus, sometimes it can be more costly to your relationships, your work, and your life in general if you don’t seek the expert help you need.
How to Get the Most from Online Counseling in Modesto, CA
To get the most out of online counseling, take advantage of its numerous benefits. For instance, when you choose an online counselor for your first mental health appointment, you can be highly selective because you’re not necessarily limited by geography. As you shop around for the best telepsychiatrist, psychologist, or other mental health provider at Thriveworks in Modesto, CA, ask yourself if they have the specific qualities you’re looking for in a counselor. For instance, do they have experience dealing with or treating what you’re going through?
You can find a counselor who specializes in something that matters to you, like LGBTQ issues or Christian values. Online counselors at Thriveworks have expertise in a wide range of mental health and behavioral issues, including:
- Marriage and relationship conflicts
- Eating disorders like anorexia and bulimia
- Anxiety disorders like panic and phobias
- Career burnout
- Substance abuse problems
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and attention deficit disorder (ADD)
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Major and mild depression
- Bipolar I and bipolar II disorder
Thriveworks therapists in Modesto, CA can also treat general malaise or serve as a sounding board for existential questions. Remember that being proactive about caring for your mental health can prevent you from suffering a mental health crisis later.
Start Seeing an Online Counselor at Thriveworks in Modesto, CA
Our top-rated family therapists, marriage counselors, psychiatrists, and other mental health providers are in high demand, but Thriveworks in Modesto can still make you an appointment in as little as 24-48 hours. Counseling has never been easier to schedule now that it’s gone virtual, like so many other services that used to require a brick and mortar office. We still have over 240+ locations to serve our clients, however, and our offices open early and close late so you can reach a human on the phone at your convenience.
Enrollment in Thriveworks also includes added benefits like our ask-a-coach 24-hour Q&A service. Call today to make your first online counseling appointment at Thriveworks. We look forward to hearing from you!