Online Child Therapy in Louisiana—Online Therapists and Counselors for Kids
Childhood is a time for constant growing, changing, and evolving. Children learn so much in such a short amount of time that will set them up for the rest of their lives. Everything from taking their first steps and learning to talk to moving to a new city and grieving the loss of a loved one, children are observing and learning. Processing the many emotions that come along with such changes is difficult for anyone but is especially difficult for kids who are still developing mentally and physically. When your child is going through something that’s challenging, working with a professional can help them better endure those big life changes.
It’s not our job to toughen our children up to face a cruel and heartless world.
It’s our job to raise children who will make the world a little less cruel and heartless.”
If your child is having a hard time adjusting to a new city, a child therapist can help them learn how to cope and make new friends. If your child is struggling with your divorce, a child therapist can help them process their emotions. Whatever challenge your child or teen is facing, a Thriveworks Louisiana child therapist can offer the guidance and support they need to get through it. If you believe your child could benefit from working with a psychologist, reach out to Thriveworks Louisiana Counseling by giving us a call or scheduling online.
How Do I Know if My Child or Teen Is the Right Fit for Therapy?
As a parent, it can be hard to accept when our children are going through something that is beyond our control. If it were up to parents, children would never have to face the evils of the world. Unfortunately, it is hard to avoid. Having your child get the help of a licensed psychologist does not make you a bad parent or mean you did something wrong. Seeking the help of a child therapist is actually a very strong thing to do. It shows how much undying love you have for your teen or little one.
Here is a list of concerns we frequently see children for at Thriveworks Louisiana Counseling:
- Low self-esteem
- Trouble making friends
- Major life changes such as moving to a new city or state
- Eating disorders
- Hormonal changes
- Learning disabilities
These are just some of the areas in which a Thriveworks Louisiana Counseling child therapist could help. Sometimes what a teen or child is going through is not obvious. We can help diagnose underlying conditions and identify specific events that may have triggered the symptoms they are having.
What Does a Child Therapy Session Look Like?
Child therapy does not differ too much from regular adult therapy. In the beginning sessions, the therapist will assess the symptoms and concerns at hand in order to craft a plan of action that is unique to the needs of your child. After this, they will then be able to use a variety of different therapy methods to connect on a deeper, more meaningful level with the child. There are many different methods and each person works best with some over others. Some of the different methods that may be used during child therapy include:
- Traditional Talk Therapy: This is the most well-known form of therapy. The therapist will sit down and have a conversation with the child or teen about what they have going on in their lives and offer support and guidance.
- Play Therapy: Play therapy helps kids and families express their emotions without having to use actual words. This is done through toys, puppets, sand, and more.
- Art Therapy: Similar to play therapy, art therapy gives kids the ability to express their emotions through the art-making process.
- Family Therapy: Sometimes the family unit needs to work as a team to understand what the child is going through and how to work through it. The whole family can learn more about interactions, communication, and behavior.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT): This method focuses on helping kids learn and understand the patterns that evoke their symptoms. After learning how to identify, they work on changing those patterns for healthier thinking.
A psychologist at Thriveworks Louisiana will be able to use these methods, along with others, to connect with your child in ways that make sense to them.
Schedule an Online Appointment with a Child Therapist at Thriveworks Louisiana
Thriveworks Louisiana Counseling has two convenient appointment options for our clients, which are:
- Phone counseling
- Video chat counseling
Both options are proven effective and are comfortable, convenient, and reliable. In addition to these benefits, Thriveworks Louisiana also offers flexible scheduling options, a wide variety of appointment times, and is affordable. Give us a call or schedule online when you are ready!
Don’t wait any longer to get your child the help they need. The sooner they get help, the better their mental health will be today and in the future. We look forward to hearing from you.