Child Play Therapy – Counselors and Therapists in Las Vegas, NV
Exciting new adventures begin here at Thriveworks Las Vegas and the newest addition is our child play therapy room. Child play therapy is a way of being with the child that honors their unique developmental level and looks for ways of helping in the “language” of the child – play. Our licensed mental health professionals therapeutically use play to help their clients, most often children ages three to 12 years, to better express themselves and resolve their problems. Our play therapy room is filled with toys designed specifically for play therapy and sand tray therapy. These methodically placed toys are utilized to help decrease behavioral and emotional difficulties that interfere with a child’s normal functioning.
Play Therapy Helps Children:
- Become more responsible for behaviors and develop more successful strategies
- Develop new and creative solutions to problems
- Develop respect and acceptance of self and others
- Learn to experience and express emotion
- Cultivate empathy and respect for thoughts and feelings of others
- Learn new social skills and relational skills with family
- Develop self-efficacy and thus a better assuredness about their abilities
Reasons for Seeking Play Therapy Treatment:
- Anxiety Disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity
- Autism Spectrum
- Oppositional Defiant and Conduct Disorders
- Anger Management
- Crisis and Trauma
- Grief and Loss
- Divorce and Family Dissolution
- Academic and Social Development
- Physical and Learning Disabilities
A Play Therapy room is not complete without great therapists to provide in-depth treatments. We’re pleased to introduce Mary Lehoux MA, LCPC our Child Play Therapist for Thriveworks Las Vegas.
Mary’s specialty is in the treatment of children and adolescents with a variety of presenting mental health concerns. Mary’s approach to therapy involves empowering her clients and their families to build trust and mastery, foster learning acceptable behaviors, regulate emotions, promote creative thinking and problem-solving, encourage open communication, and to elevate spirit and self-esteem.
We encourage parents to take the first step and bring in your child/adolescent to walk the journey of success together. Full family support and guidance will lead to the very best results. Call Thriveworks Las Vegas Play Therapy today at 702-820-3061 or book an appointment from the yellow button under the counselor’s name.