Scott takes his time waking up on Saturday mornings. It’s one of the few times during the week that he gets a chance to breathe without diving into a list of obligations. But this morning, Scott isn’t feeling refreshed, or relieved; he’s miserable. Scott knows that he’ll be waking up to an empty house, one that’s changed since he lost his custody battle with his ex-wife. Though he still remains at home, his ex and children live in a different state—he’s not sure when he’ll get to see them again.
Each day, Scott seems to dive deeper into his overthinking and his feelings of overwhelm. Instead of being able to process the divorce, he feels like he’s just started withdrawing into himself to avoid the pain. But today, Scott feels like it’s time to talk with a psychologist—a provider with expert insight. Although he knows it could take some time for him to fully recover from the loss of his old life, Scott knows that he’ll be making the right choice in talking to a mental health professional.
Like Scott, you may also be interested in talking to a psychologist about the negative emotions or situations that are bothering you. If so, don’t hesitate to call Thriveworks in Greenfield, WI. Our team of psychologists is available to assist you with your mental health challenges with both in-person and virtual therapy and counseling services.
What Does a Psychologist Do?
Psychologists are licensed mental health professionals; their job is to diagnose and treat many different types of mental health conditions and disorders. They also provide treatment through various therapy methods, including CBT. Some of the common issues that our psychologists assist people with include:
- Financial or work-related stress
- Child or teen behavioral issues
- Difficulty processing a divorce or breakup
- Self-esteem issues
- Relationship problems
- The loss of a friend or family member
These are just a few of the many different situations or conditions that a Thriveworks psychologist can help you with. Don’t be worried if you’re not seeing your specific situation listed. In fact, that’s why it’s so important to talk candidly with a psychologist about your current mental health situation. Therapy or counseling can be a great way to improve your:
- Communication skills
- Ability to set and hold healthy boundaries in different scenarios
- Relationship or marital problems
- Family relationships
- Emotional regulation (in anger management or grief counseling)
With professional insight and guidance, navigating the ups and downs of life can be easier to manage. Teaming up with a psychologist can help you prioritize your mental health and balance your emotions.
Consider Online Therapy and Counseling
With the ability to get in touch with your provider virtually, you can save yourself extra time and eliminate some of the hassles that come along with commuting to an in-person session. Online counseling or therapy might be an attractive option if you:
- Are anxious about speaking with a psychologist in person
- Would like to avoid commuting to a brick-and-mortar office for their session
- Take care of elderly family members or watch after kids
- Travel or work frequently
- Have chronic health concerns that limit your mobility
Online counseling and therapy offer a convenient way to connect with your psychologist from virtually anywhere. As long as you have reliable internet and somewhere private to talk, you’ll be able to meet with your psychologist and get the most out of each session, on your own terms.
Schedule a Counseling or Therapy Session at Thriveworks in Greenfield, WI
If you’re ready to get in touch with a psychologist at Thriveworks in Greenfield, WI to get professional encouragement and assistance, we offer scheduling and membership assistance from our scheduling support team. They’re available seven days a week to help you with everything from finding a provider (even if there’s no one available locally) to setting up your insurance. Plus, we offer great benefits for those who choose to become Thriveworks members, including:
- Evening and weekend session times: Life can be hectic. Make the time for everyone to connect with our flexible scheduling options.
- No waitlists: Average wait times for therapy or counseling sessions can be three weeks or more. We provide same- or next-day sessions to new clients.
- Email access to your provider: Stay in touch in between appointments. It’s another way we’ll add peace of mind to your therapy experience.
- Flexible Cancellations: Life happens, we get it. We have a flexible cancellation policy that lets you cancel or reschedule your session for free with just 23.5 hours’ notice.
- Our Therapy Buddy app: A great way to measure your progress as you advance through therapy or counseling.
Reach out to the Thriveworks team in Greenfield, WI to partner up with a psychologist; there’s no need to face your mental health challenges by yourself. Let Thriveworks in Greenfield, WI make a difference by partnering you with a provider—one who can address your concerns and offer personalized strategies to help you cope with harmful emotions and situations.