Having strong mental health is an important part of living a healthy life. The way you feel mentally can impact your relationships, your job, and your physical health as well. While working with a therapist or counselor can help you prioritize your mental wellness, it can sometimes be difficult to find time for an in-person session.
There are many things that can keep people from talking to a mental health professional, like:
- Busy schedules: Between work, school, raising kids, or whatever you have going on, it can be difficult to find the time for traditional mental health care visits.
- Lack of transportation: If you don’t have a car or access to public transportation, commuting to a mental health counseling center can be a near impossibility.
- Nerves: You might be nervous about working with a professional in person.
Thankfully, there’s an option that removes these roadblocks: online therapy or counseling. Modern communication technologies make it easier than ever to talk to a mental health professional from the comfort of your home. All you need access to is a phone or a device capable of video conferences.
Working with a mental health professional can help you reach your goals and find a sense of mental calm. If you’re ready to set up an appointment with one of our online therapists or counselors, call our office today at Thriveworks Counseling in Fairfield, CA.
Types of Mental Health Services Offered Online
Therapy translates well to an online environment because most types of therapy revolve around a guided conversation between client and provider. As a result, clients who choose online counseling are able to get the same standard of care as those who attend in-person therapy, but with the added convenience.
There are many types of therapy and counseling that are offered online, including:
- Anxiety therapy
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Premarital counseling
- Addiction and substance abuse counseling
- Depression and mood disorder therapy
- LGBTQ+ therapy
- Career coaching
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) therapy
- Eating disorder counseling
- Couples therapy
- Child, teen, and adolescent counseling
- Life coaching
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) therapy
This is not a full list of the types of therapy offered online. You can reach out whether you’ve received a diagnosis in the past, you’d like a diagnosis for a suspected mental health issue, or if you’re just looking for some support during a difficult time in your life.
Working with a mental health professional online can help you overcome your issues and build a brighter future. Call our office at Thriveworks Counseling in Fairfield, CA today to get started.
What To Expect From Online Therapy Sessions
Online therapy is very similar to traditional therapy. The biggest difference is that appointments take place remotely — the rest of the process follows what you’d expect from in-person sessions.
The first step in online therapy is deciding how you want to speak with your mental health professional. You have two main options — you can speak with them over the phone or through a video chat. There are benefits to either depending on your comfort level:
- Phone calls: Are you nervous about having a face-to-face conversation with a mental health professional? Phone calls can help you feel more comfortable and focus on the conversation without worrying about a video feed. Getting started with sessions over phone calls is incredibly easy — you’ll receive a phone call when your session is set to start.
- Video chats: Video sessions are a great option for anyone who thinks seeing their provider could help them establish a connection. If you decide to work with a therapist or counselor using a video chat, you’ll receive a link before your session starts. When it’s time for your appointment to begin, you’ll click the link to join the chat room.
Your first session will likely involve your provider getting to know you, your symptoms, and your goals. They’ll use this information to create a personalized treatment plan to address your needs and help you live your best life.
When you’re ready to work with a licensed mental health professional, consider calling our office at Thriveworks Counseling in Fairfield, CA to get started.
Set Up an Online Counseling Appointment at Thriveworks in Fairfield, CA
Do you want to speak with a licensed counselor or therapist but you’re worried about finding the time? Online therapy can help. Call our office today at Thriveworks Counseling in Fairfield, CA today to set up your first appointment.
Online therapy appointments are very easy to fit into your schedule — so easy that many of our clients can have their first session within just a day or two after calling. We also offer night and weekend appointments so you can schedule a session outside of normal work hours.
We accept insurance from most major health insurance providers to make our services as affordable and accessible as possible. Clients also enjoy a wide range of Thriveworks membership benefits, including a mobile app to help supplement therapy appointments, text message support via Success Navigator, and a moderated discussion forum to ask your burning questions.
Working with an online counselor or therapist from Thriveworks Counseling in Fairfield, CA can help you fit mental health care into your life. Call us today to get started.