Mental Health Care in Decatur, GA— Therapists, Counselors, and Life Coaches
How many people can say they’re truly happy? It’s normal to feel dissatisfied with life at times, sure. Perhaps you and your spouse have decided to split; maybe you’re out of a job and you’re having trouble finding a new one; or you were recently diagnosed with depression and you just don’t know how to cope. Whatever the case may be, it’s okay to feel down—but sitting idly by and assuming there’s nothing you can do about it doesn’t do you any good.
You can do something about it. About those feelings associated with your divorce, about your unemployment, about your mental illness. You can work with a caring mental health professional. Our therapists, counselors, and life coaches here at Thriveworks Decatur can help you in in-person counseling or online therapy. We work with clients to overcome or manage the challenges mentioned above as well as many others (which we’ll touch on below). So, if you think you could benefit from our mental health care services, don’t hesitate to reach out. And get started with one of our providers.
What Mental Health Services Are Offered at Thriveworks Decatur?
Here’s a list of the main mental health services offered at Thriveworks Decatur:
- Individual counseling
- Couples therapy/marriage counseling
- Family counseling
- Child therapy and teen counseling
Through therapy and counseling services, we help with a range of mental health conditions and other challenges, including:
- Eating disorders
- LGBTQ+ issues
- Relationship problems
- Sexual abuse/issues
- Sleep problems
Our providers — from therapists and counselors to psychologists — specialize in a range of counseling approaches, but they’ll cater your treatment to your unique preferences and needs. They might utilize:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT)
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Strength-based counseling
- Solution-focused therapy
- Christian counseling
- Emotionally-focused therapy
- Family systems
- Motivational interviewing
Say Yes to Healing Through Mental Health Care
Our therapists, counselors, and life coaches help their clients progress toward living happier, healthier lives. These clients present different challenges, including those listed above (divorce, unemployment, depression), as well as the following…
- Relationship issues
- Unhealthy (sometimes toxic) habits
- Negative thoughts
- Low self-esteem
- Anxiety or other mental illnesses
The list doesn’t end there. Whatever your case may be, one of our providers can help you—not by merely telling you what to do, but by guiding you in understanding the issue at hand, finding a solution to the problem (or better means for managing the problem), and ultimately living better. Let’s take a look at how your therapist or counselor might approach a couple of the aforementioned challenges:
- A few days before their anniversary, Ben told Kristen they should consider calling it quits. This ignited a heated argument that lasted for a few hours before they both were able to calm down and have a healthy conversation about where their relationship was headed. They both agreed that they loved each other and wanted to be together… but that their relationship was in disarray. So, they decided to go to couples therapy. Their therapist helps them communicate effectively about their issues, identify solutions for those issues, and build an all-around happier, healthier relationship.
- Caitlyn has always been a confident woman—she’s always loved every inch of herself and couldn’t care less what other people think. But for the past few weeks, she’s been experiencing a bit of a low self-esteem and feeling a little self-conscious. Two months ago, Caitlyn gave birth to a beautiful, healthy baby boy. And while she has loved every second of motherhood, she’s struggling to love her body again. She’s self-conscious about her stretch marks and the weight she gained during pregnancy. Fortunately, her counselor is helping her work through these feelings. She’s working on loving and honoring her body again—as her counselor helps her focus on the incredible miracle that she was able to grow and bring into this world.
Do you see just how beneficial working with a therapist or counselor can be? Whatever it is you’re going through, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Let one of our mental health professionals help you find it.
Get the Expert Care You Deserve at Thriveworks Decatur
Here at Thriveworks Decatur, you’ll receive the mental health care you desire and deserve, be it in-person counseling or online counseling therapy. We pride ourselves on our professional, quality, and compassionate care. We won’t put you on a waiting list—we stay in communication with our clients. Whatever you’re going through right now, know that you don’t have to go through it alone. We’re here, and we want to help.
Reach out to us to discover a new way forward. When you’re tired of doing it alone; when you’re not sure where to go from here; when you need guidance, organization, and true compassion in your life; then you’re at a point when it’s time to reach out to us. We welcome your call and are honored to help you overcome whatever challenge is standing in your way.
Where Is Thriveworks Decatur Located?
Thriveworks Decatur is located at 315 W Ponce de Leon Ave Suite 560, Decatur, GA 30030. If you have trouble finding our office or need further directions, please just give us a call! We look forward to meeting you soon.