The scholar Max Muller once stated, “A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and man cannot live without love.” Sure, we can survive without feeling the sunlight of love shining both inside and out, but is that really living? The love between two people is a unique opportunity to feel and grow to our fullest potential. We can become the best version of ourselves through loving another person.
That being said, love isn’t all sunshine and rainbows and personal development. It’s also very difficult because our emotions are so exposed and vulnerable in love relationships. So what do you do when the going gets tough? You get some professional guidance from a relationship expert.
The licensed couples therapists and marriage counselors at Thriveworks in Conroe, TX can help couples and friends gain important insights into the ways they communicate and support each other. These therapists can help identify problems and obstacles in a relationship, and craft practical ways to resolve them. When your car breaks down or needs routine maintenance, you take it to a mechanic. When your relationship is suffering or it could use a checkup, you schedule a session with a top-rated couples therapist at Thriveworks in Conroe, TX.
How Can a Couples Therapist Help Us?
A couples therapist or a marriage counselor at Thriveworks in Conroe, TX is trained to see issues from each individual’s perspective and help solve problems without judgment or bias. You and your partner might work together on the following:
- Communication skills
- Conflict resolution
- Anger management
- Addiction issues
- Negative sexual cycles
- Mutual support during serious life changes like marriage or bereavement
But couples clients arrive at Thriveworks in Conroe, TX for all kinds of valuable reasons. In fact, at your initial couples therapy session, your licensed marriage and family therapist (LMFT) will probably ask you and your partner about your goals for therapy. Those goals may include:
- To feel more loved.
- To feel more appreciated.
- To model a healthier relationship for your kids.
- To reignite your spark.
- To help blend families after a second union.
- To stop repeating the same fight.
- To have better sex.
- To see where one partner may need additional support (perhaps through individual therapy or substance abuse counseling).
- To learn how to express your feelings and desires.
- To create a “safe zone” where you can talk honestly.
- To heal from an affair.
- To stop feeling stuck or stagnant.
- To cope with empty nest syndrome.
How to Choose a Couples Therapist or Marriage Counselor
When choosing a couples therapist or marriage counselor, it helps to cover the basics first. For example, ask yourself the following:
- Is the counselor fully licensed and authorized to give treatment in Texas? (All the mental health providers at Thriveworks are fully licensed.)
- Is the therapist affordable? (Thriveworks mental health providers accept most health insurance and offer affordable self-pay rates.)
- Can the therapist meet with you online or in-person, at your convenience? (Thriveworks counselors can meet with you virtually through secure, video conferencing software, or in-person at the modern office in Conroe, TX. Some clients even choose a hybrid model.)
- Is the therapist experienced in the particular issues that you and your partner face? (Thriveworks marriage counselors have worked with a diverse array of partners like LGBTQ, Christian, and engaged couples.)
After you’ve covered the basics, you and your partner can probe further into the kinds of experience your couples therapist at Thriveworks in Conroe, TX has had. It helps partner buy-in if you both agree on who you’re going to see. If your partner remains reluctant to see a therapist, you can explain that a therapist’s role isn’t to take sides, and that marriage therapy is usually brief, highly effective, and solution-focused.
Renew Your Relationship with Marriage Counseling at Thriveworks in Conroe, TX
Every marriage or partnership needs a little TLC now and again. Seeing a couples counselor doesn’t mean your love is in trouble. Even successful celebrity couples like Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell see a marriage therapist regularly for maintenance. You have to make sure your intimate bond is secure and can withstand whatever life throws at it.
The highly qualified couples therapists and marriage counselors at Thriveworks in Conroe, TX have the empathy and expertise to help couples heal, grow, and succeed. When you call the Thriveworks office, our staff can often arrange for you to meet your counselor for an initial session within 24-48 hours. That means that you could have your first appointment with an exceptional couples therapist as early as tomorrow! As a Thriveworks client, you’ll also benefit from our Ask-a-Coach 24hr Q&A service, and round-the-clock access to your counselor via email and phone between sessions.
Give you and your partner the support you need to thrive together. We look forward to helping you both!