Erica and Jamal have been married for four years, and for the most part, they’ve loved every minute of being together. They consider themselves lucky to have found each other, especially after comparing their current relationship to the people they’d known before. But lately, something just feels off, and Jamal isn’t quite sure why. Emily has been coming home later than she normally does from work; and when he asks her about it, she tells him she’s not interested in talking. He knows that she’s not cheating, but he doesn’t understand why she isn’t open to communicating with him.
From Erica’s perspective, she’s simply feeling burnt out. Her mental health has been suffering, and she hasn’t felt the desire to connect with Jamal the way that she used to. But she doesn’t want the dynamic that’s going on currently to continue, so she’s interested in talking to a mental health professional about the relationship issues that they’re facing. After talking to Jamal about it, both partners have agreed—it’s time for them to take the next steps and seek professional assistance from a marriage counselor.
If your relationship is currently having problems, and you’re not sure what to do next, consider whether you and your partner could benefit from talking to one of the mental health professionals at Thriveworks in Concord, CA. Our providers are ready to help you both achieve the goals you have in mind for your relationship and your individual mental health needs, too.
What Are the Benefits of Talking with a Couples Therapist or Marriage Counselor?
Opening up to a mental health professional can help anyone, including those in relationships, to understand both themselves and their partner more clearly. At Thriveworks in Concord, CA we’d love to help be a part of that process, and we’re standing by to assist. One of our marriage counselors or couples therapist can team up with you and your loved one to help you both:
- Establish healthy boundaries
- Highlight the importance and need for compromise
- Rebuild trust after infidelity or dishonesty
- Rekindle sexual intimacy together
- Help both partners manage anger or anxiety
Even though sharing the details of your relationship might feel intrusive at first thought, the truth is that our providers are committed to helping you move forward and find stable ground as a couple. Talking with one of our mental health professionals gives them the feedback they need to offer you personalized coping strategies and communication methods that are designed for your relationship’s unique needs.
Should We Talk to a Relationship Counselor?
Ultimately, the choice is up to those in the relationships as to whether or not mental health services are needed. But there are common warning signs that serve as indications when partners start to lose their balance and the dynamics have turned sour, including:
- Passive-aggressive or abusive behavior
- Inability to respect each other’s boundaries
- Lying and other forms of emotional manipulation
- Arguments that last for hours or days
- Avoiding physical touch or sex
If you’re experiencing any of the signs above, don’t feel ashamed. Just know that our providers at Thriveworks in Concord, CA can help—and they aren’t going to judge you or chastise you. It may be helpful to view mental health assistance in your relationship as a proactive way to preserve the bond that you both share.
Schedule Couples Therapy or Marriage Counseling at Thriveworks in Concord, CA
There’s no need to face the challenges posed by your relationship difficulties by yourselves. If your relationship is ready to take the next steps towards healing and growth, call the Thriveworks team in Concord, CA, and enroll in our services. We’ll help with every step of the process, and when you’re finished, you’ll have instant access to exclusive benefits, including:
- Online therapy: With online therapy, moving your relationship forward doesn’t need to be held up by your busy schedule or time spent apart for work or travel. As long as you can talk privately, and get access to the internet, you and your partner can still attend sessions together
- 23.5-hour cancellations: If something comes up or you aren’t feeling well, rest assured that you won’t be charged for missing your session, as long as you give us a 23.5-hour notice.
- Scheduling assistance 7 days a week: Our scheduling specialists are available every day of the week, helping you find the right counselor to fit your needs and the schedule that fits both of your lives.
- Life coach q/a chat line: For those questions that can’t wait until your next session.
If your relationship is beginning to falter, you can turn to the mental health professionals at Thriveworks in Concord, CA to help. With the assistance of a marriage counselor or relationship therapist, both you and your loved one can learn to communicate more effectively and establish new levels of trust and commitment.