Ian feels worried about his mental health since he graduated from college last year. Despite his achievement, he doesn’t feel proud— he’s worried. Ian’s not sure what he should do next with his life. Instead of being excited to spend time with family or to travel, he feels dejected. Talking to loved ones about what’s bothering him hasn’t eliminated his feelings.
Last night at dinner, he took some time to consider his feelings. Though at first, he felt resistant to the idea, Ian knows that it’s time to talk with a psychologist about his stress level. He also knows that many are available online, which would help him connect, without tying him down as he figures out his next steps. Leo likes the idea of professional assistance and being able to meet with someone to help him set life goals sounds helpful, too.
Leo’s experience may resonate with you—if it does, consider whether you could benefit from talking to a psychologist about what’s troubling you. At Thriveworks in Clearwater, FL our team of psychologists can offer you their support and insight as you navigate the mental health challenges in front of you.
What Does a Psychologist Do? Can They Help Me?
Psychologists are experienced mental health professionals who often hold advanced degrees and can use many different forms of therapeutic approaches to assist clients. Their job is to assist their clients through in-person or virtual therapy sessions. Clients work together with their psychologist to identify goals to meet, and weaknesses to improve on for the client’s benefit.
Psychologists can help people to become better equipped to face the ups and downs of life. Some of the common conditions or concerns that our Thriveworks psychologists in Clearwater, FL help with include:
- Difficulty processing a divorce or breakup
- Self-esteem issues
- Relationship problems
- Child or teen behavioral issues
- Grief and bereavement
- Financial or work-related stress
- And many other conditions and life situations
These are just a few of the many different topics that our mental health professionals can assist you with. Don’t be concerned if your specific problem or concern isn’t being addressed in this list. By talking openly with your psychologist, you’ll help them to understand your perspective and to work with you to create a personalized treatment plan that fits your unique needs.
Psychologists aren’t just limited to one-on-one sessions. Couples, families, or friends who are experiencing relationship difficulties can also benefit from connecting with one of our experienced providers. Group counseling or therapy sessions may help you and your loved ones to improve:
- Relationship or marital problems
- Family relationships
- Ability to set and hold healthy boundaries in different scenarios
- Emotional regulation (in anger management or grief counseling)
- Communication skills and ability to compromise
Connect Virtually with Online Counseling
Our psychologists are also available virtually through our online counseling services. It’s easy to find time to prioritize your mental health when you can stay connected through online counseling with Thriveworks in Clearwater, FL. Online counseling may be a compelling choice if you’d like to:
- Avoid any potential anxiety or embarrassment that arises for some people during in-person sessions.
- Engage with your therapist over the phone or video as you both explore the sources and effects of anxiety, sadness, relationship issues, and more.
- Meet with your therapist anywhere, as long as you have a solid internet connection and a private space to speak during your session.
Online counseling is also a great way for those with family obligations, busy work schedules, or who frequently travel to still get access to great mental health care through Thriveworks.
Scheduled Therapy or Counseling with Thriveworks in Clearwater, FL
With the professional assistance, support, and virtual counseling options offered by our psychologists at Thriveworks in Clearwater, FL, it’s never been easier to get relief from the mental health challenges that are troubling you. Even though the decision to seek counseling or therapy is a decision you may make on your own, there’s no need to navigate your journey towards better mental health by yourself. Call our office in Clearwater, FL to get started—our scheduling team is standing by to help you get started.
Thriveworks clients also get access to exclusive benefits, including:
- Email access to your provider outside of sessions as needed
- Online therapy options
- The digital edition of “Leaving Depression Behind” and other electronic mental health resources
- Our Therapy Buddy app, which helps measure your progress in therapy or counseling
- Evening and weekend scheduling availability not offered by other providers
At Thriveworks in Clearwater, FL, we have a team of psychologists who can help you achieve your mental health goals. By reaching out to connect with a psychologist in person or virtually, you’ll be making a connection that can offer your coping strategies and de-escalation techniques for when you need them most. If you’re interested in seeing what a psychologist can do to help you improve your mental health and emotional well-being, give Thriveworks in Clearwater, FL a call today.