Sophie and her boyfriend Alex have been having difficulties in their relationship over the past several months. Their inability to talk things through seems to be getting worse and each attempt at compromise quickly becomes a bitter argument. Alex worries that Sophie is losing interest in their relationship, and he wants to save the connection that they share. That’s why Alex is considering whether they could both benefit from talking to a couples therapist about the communication issues that they’re facing.
After having dinner together, Alex sat down with his partner and asked her whether she would be open to seeing a therapist or counselor together. While at first Sophie was surprised, after some thinking, Sophie feels like she agrees with Alex. If they want to preserve their relationship, taking proactive measures to save what’s left seems like a good idea. She hopes that with a relationship therapist’s help, they’ll be able to stop hurting each other, and start making progress towards the life they’ve dreamt of—together.
Romantic relationships aren’t always about candlelit dinners and passionate exchanges. Sometimes, our relationship with our partner can suffer greatly. It’s at these points that we may need some extra support and assistance to find solid ground again. At Thriveworks in Clearwater, FL, we’d like to offer you professional guidance to help you and your partner reconnect. Talk with one of our couples therapists or marriage counselors about the issues you’re facing.
Do We Need a Therapist?
You may wonder: “Do we really need a counselor or therapist?” But the answer isn’t so black and white: Couples therapy or marriage counseling may be a way for both you and your partner to feel more comfortable with being open with each other. Though it’s possible that some defense mechanisms that you both have developed might have been helpful at one point, sometimes our habits from the past have to change to meet the current needs of the present. Signs that you and your partner might have issues or dynamics that could be resolved through relationship counseling include:
- Arguments that escalate quickly and aren’t resolved
- Passive-aggressive behavior that inhibits communication
- Hurtful comments or actions that aren’t addressed
- Feeling emotionally distant
- Lack of interest in physical intimacy, or anxiety about sex
- Lying or manipulation
Benefits of Couples Therapy or Marriage Counseling
If you’ve been experiencing any of the signs above, it’s possible that both of you could benefit from seeing a relationship counselor. Being open to talking with a relationship counselor can establish new ways for both of you to connect and having a third party to help you facilitate your conversation is always beneficial. A marriage counselor or couples therapist can help you both to:
- Establish healthy boundaries for communication
- Rebuild trust after infidelity or dishonesty
- Rekindle sexual intimacy
- Regulate their anger or stress
- Highlight the importance and need for compromise in their relationship
In addition to meeting in person, you and your partner may also benefit from our virtual services, which are a great way to prioritize your relationship, without needing to commute to a provider’s office to attend sessions. Consider whether you’d benefit from:
- Being able to meet from home, the office, or while traveling
- Having the resources to improve your relationship while looking after the kids or elderly relatives
- Increased scheduling flexibility
See a Marriage or Relationship Counselor in Clearwater, FL
Talk to a marriage counselor or couples therapist at Thriveworks in Clearwater, FL to receive the help and guidance your relationship needs to move forward. There are always difficulties to be encountered in any relationship, and our romantic bonds are worth taking extra steps to preserve. Go online, or pick up the phone and call our office today. Our scheduling specialists will be there to help—and they can also assist you with the enrollment process. Enrolling in our services will open the door to our exclusive, industry-leading benefits, including:
- Weekend and evening availability: Gain extra scheduling time—book in the evening or on weekends, too.
- 23.5-hr cancellation policy: Call up to 23.5 hours before your scheduled time to cancel, free of charge.
- Same day booking and cancellations: Don’t pay extra for missing your appointment, and get the flexibility to book when you need it most.
- High-touch support with scheduling assistance 7 days a week: Our scheduling specialists are available every day of the week, helping you find the right counselor to fit your needs and the schedule that fits both of your lives.
With the help of a couples therapist or marriage counselor at Thriveworks, you and the one you love may be able to correct the unhealthy dynamics and communication issues that are harming your relationship. Rekindle the bond you share: At Thriveworks in Clearwater, FL our team of mental health professionals can provide their support through marriage counseling or couples therapy.